How easy is it to get certified in school psychology or school counseling?
If you have already earned a Master's degree in a related field, you may qualify for our Certification Only program. Simply arrange an interview with the departmental Student Advisor prior to applying Together we will review your previous graduate courses to see how they match up with similar Eastern University courses.
Eastern University distinctives you will enjoy as part of our program include
- A combination of on-campus and online courses
- The diversity of our faculty and student body
- Small class sizes that enable individualized instruction
- The ease of licensure and certification post graduation
- Experience with social justice practices based on a Christian world view
- Instructors who are also scholars and hands-on practitioners
What determines whether my previous coursework qualifies me for Certification Only?
- To receive course credit, a course must be comparable to the Eastern University course in terms of major topics, concepts, and objectives
- You must have earned at least a B in each course under consideration
- Unless you are working regularly in the area covered by the course, no more than 10 years may have elapsed between the time you took the course and your admission to the Certification Only program
- No more than 10 courses (30 credits) of comparable coursework will be included in the program of study for certification
- Either at the conclusion of the interview or shortly thereafter, you will be informed of how much of your prior graduate work is applicable to the certification program, and a program of study will be finalized.
Attend A Preview Day
- Wednesday, March 12th from 6:30-8:00 PM
Eastern University-St. Davids Campus
Eagle Great Room
1300 Eagle Road, St. Davids, PA 19087
RSVP to email@example.com or 610-341-1594
Next Class Start Date
Now accepting applications for a Summer I May 2014 class start in St. Davids, PA.