MEd in Multicultural Education
The MEd in Multicultural Education is committed to providing quality education and instruction that will equip our graduates to face the challenges of the highly diverse school-age population of the United States in the coming decades.
The MEd in Multicultural Education program seeks to:
- Help students to integrate faith and learning into a philosophy of education which can guide to education professional in daily activities, both personal and professional
- Enable students to understand the theoretical and research base of education
- Assist students to demonstrate sensitivity to ethnic, gender and racial diversity
- Enable graduates to provide leadership in professional positions within the schools
- Encourage graduates to demonstrate evidence of a continuing commitment to further professional development for themselves and their colleagues
- Enable graduates to draw from multicultural materials to develop curricula for the schools
- Enable graduates to integrate students from multicultural backgrounds into the classroom by using the students’ cultures in the teaching process
Featured Alumni Spotlight
Tracy Johnson, MEd in Multicultural Education, '12
Tracy Johnson, a 2012 gradute of the MEd in Multicultural Education program, has worked to overcome her odds as a student with dyslexia. According to Tracy, "My professors at Eastern always encouraged me and gave me the confidence that I needed to succeed." Learn more about Tracy and view her Fox 29 News segment.