MEd in Reading
The Master of Education in Reading Program prepares certified teachers to become highly qualified literacy professionals while obtaining certification as a k-12 reading specialist.
The focus of the program is to facilitate the development of literacy educators that are able to meet the literacy needs of all children by providing various informal and formal assessments and instruction across the curriculum for a wide range of literacy needs in classrooms and schools. This program is aligned to Eastern University’s mission as participants gain knowledge and expertise in reading and literary education and are prepared to be literacy leaders.
What makes the MEd in Reading Program at Eastern unique?
- You are an integral part of our ethnically and culturally diverse community
- You benefit from small class sizes, individualized instruction, and classes taught by Christian faculty who are also actively working in the field
- Your course options include weekday evenings and a combination of on-campus and online courses to accommodate your work schedule and lifestyle
- An MEd in Reading from Eastern University opens the door to a variety of career opportunities, including Reading Specialist, Reading Coach, District Literacy Specialist, Teacher Trainer, Private Clinician, Community College Professor and Literacy Specialist in publishing and industry
PA Certification Requirements
- Instructional I or Instructional II Teaching Certificate
- Successful completion of Praxis II test (301/5301- http://www. ets.org/praxis/pa/requirements)