Dr. Schamber recently retired from World Vision International, where she served as a global leader educator and coach. For six years she taught in the Pathways to Leadership MBA and MA courses, co-sponsored by World Vision and Eastern University. Anita now serves as a life/leadership coach, spiritual mentor, and facilitator of Listen to My Life (story reflections) and Life ReFired (second half reigniting) processes, as well as a Global Women in Leadership Network co-founder and Spiritual Friends Network Director. This fall Anita will join the faculty of Faith Evangelical Seminary to teach coaching for life, calling,and leadership from a Christian world view.
- Ed.D. in Leadership in Human Resource Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- M.Ed. in Counseling, U. of Illinois, Urbana, IL.
- BA in Sociology/Education, Augustana College, Rock Island, IL.
- Certifications: NBCC (National Board Certified Counselor), ICF (International Coach Federation Coach), CCMA (Certified Coach Management Coach), Certified EQ Career Strategist, OneLifeMaps Inc. National Facilitator, MBTI, Birkman,
Professional Associations and Service:
- Board Member, TouchPoints Ministry
- Coaching Advisory Board, Food for the Hungry
- Current Member, Facilitator, Speaker and/or Director of: OneLifeMaps Inc., International Coach Federation, American Association of Christian Counselors, Christian Leadership Alliance, Christian Coaching Alliance, Global Women in Leadership Network, Women of Vision, Spiritual Friends Network, Career Planning and Adult Development Network, National Speakers Association,
- Articles published in Owen Wister Review (literary magazine) and Christian Management Report (leadership magazine)
- "Fit for Life -Aligning Your Career with Your Life purpose," a chapter in Real World Career Development Strategies That Work, (2003) Sieverville, Tn.: Insight Publishing
- Leadership coaching and mentoring handbooks published internally for AT&T and World Vision International
- Soul Friends and Spiritual Mentors, an E-book self published for the Spiritual Friends Network