David Greenhalgh is Professor Emeritus at Eastern University, since retiring as the founding Director of the PhD in Organizational Leadership in September 2015. Prior to coming to Eastern University in 1994, Dr. Greenhalgh served 22 years in school administration. He is still active in the PhD program as an instructor, as a chair or member on several dissertation committees, and as an elected member of the Board of Fellows advisory board.
- Ed.D. Boston University, Educational Leadership: Administration, Policy and Planning Dissertation: Assessing the Moral Atmosphere of Schools
- M.Ed. Rhode Island College, Educational Leadership
- M.A. Rhode Island College, European History Thesis: The Times and the Dreyfus Affair
- B.A. Barrington College Major: History and Social Science
RESEARCH INTERESTS, SELECTED PRESENTATIONS SELECTED PUBLICATIONS:
- Interests: leadership theory, leadership and the humanities, strategic planning, character development, faith and learning, spiritual formation, faculty and board development, cross cultural leadership, student teaching overseas.
- PlanIt (1999), a manual and software program on strategic planning used to train over a thousand trustees and school administrators throughout the US, Canada, and 30 countries in Europe, Central America, Africa and Asia.
- Globalization and Teacher Education. Published in the CCTE on-line journal.
- Moral Intelligence: Preparing Christians to Teach and Nurture. (with Carol Kessler, Ph.D.)1999. Nurturing and Reflective Teacher: A Christian approach for the 21st Century, Learning Light Press. Claremont, CA.
- Student Teachers Impact on Recruitment Overseas. (with David Harvey, Ph.D.) Christian School Education, Volume 2, Issue 1
- Implementing the Nairobi Resolutions, World Report,1989
- Dissertation Committee Member, Educational Leadership for Excellence and Equity: A Case Study of an Urban Hispanic Charter School, Michael Evans, Eastern University, PA
- Dissertation Chair Tranformational Leadership, Teacher Self-Efficacy and Effective Use of Instructional Technology within Online Communities of Practice, Seamus Clune, February, 2014
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND SERVICE:
- International Leadership Association- served as chair of the Scholarship Member Interest Group in 2010
- International Study of Leadership Conference
- American Educational Research Association
- Academy of Management
o 1978, teacher in a two room school house Ixmiquilpan, Mexico,
o 1991 teacher and leadership coach, Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea,
o 2003 consulting at 30 schools and universities in 23 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.
o 2012 Visiting Professor Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Scholar-in-residence Anglican International School of Jerusalem
- Senior Consultant with Paideia Inc, Stony Brook, NY
- Board service: Christian College Teacher Education Coordinating Council, Interaction International, Philadelphia Association of Christian Schools,
- Married to Ellie for 45 years, four adult children, and fifteen grandchildren.
- Elder at Church of the Saviour and ordained to preach and officiate at baptisms, weddings and memorial services.