David Greenhalgh is the Professor of Education, Director, Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership. Prior to coming to Eastern Eastern University, David Greenhalgh served 22 years in school administration, 11 years working with the deaf in Providence, Rhode Island and 11 years as the founding headmaster of West Bay Christian Academy also in Rhode Island. He initiated our certification program in educational leadership to prepare principals and superintendents and served as Dean of Arts and Sciences from 2003 to 2006.
- Ed.D. Boston University, Educational Leadership: Administration, Policy and Planning Dissertation: Assessing the Moral Atmosphere of Schools
- M.Ed. Rhode Island College, Educational Leadership
- M.A. Rhode Island College, European History Thesis: The Times and the Dreyfus Affair
- B.A. Barrington College Major: History and Social Science
Research Interests and Selected Publications:
- Interests: strategic planning, character development, faith and learning, spiritual formation, faculty and board development, student teaching overseas.
- PlanIt (1999), a manual and software program on strategic planning used to train over a thousand trustees and school administrators throughout the US, Canada, and 30 countries in Europe, Central America, Africa and Asia.
- Globalization and Teacher Education. Published in the CCTE on-line journal.
- Moral Intelligence: Preparing Christians to Teach and Nurture. (with Carol Kessler, Ph.D.)1999. Nurturing and Reflective Teacher: A Christian approach for the 21st Century, Learning Light Press. Claremont, CA.
- Student Teachers Impact on Recruitment Overseas. (with David Harvey, Ph.D.) Christian School Education, Volume 2, Issue 1
- Implementing the Nairobi Resolutions, World Report,1989
Professional Associations and Service:
- Sabbaticals: 1978, teacher in a two room school house Ixmiquilpan, Mexico, 1991 teacher, Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea, 2003 consulting at 30 schools and universities in 23 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.
- Senior Consultant with Paideia Inc
- Board member: CCTECC, Interaction International, PACS
- Married to Ellie for 39 years, has four adult children, and eight grandchildren.
- Elder at Church of the Saviour and ordained to preach and officiate at baptisms, weddings and memorial services.