Professor, Organizational Leadership & Education
Founding Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Multicultural Education
Dissertation Coordinator, PhD in Organizational Leadership, Eastern Univeristy
- Ph.D. in Education and Anthropology, University of Oregon
- M.A. in Education and Anthropology, University of Oregon
- B.A. in Education Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Secondary Ethics (7-12), Korea
- Elementary Education (K-6) Pennsylvania, USA
- Multicultural education, educational justice and equity, anthropology and education
- Mentoring and leadership development, diversity leadership, women leadership, reflective leaders, govenance
- Autoethnography, ethnography, and qualitative research
- Chang, H., Ngunjiri, F., & Hernandez, K. (2013) Collaborative Autoethnography. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Chang, H., & Boyd, D. (Eds., 2011). Spirituality in Higher Education: Autoetunographies. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Chang, H. (2008). Autoethnography as Method. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Chang, H., (1992). Adolescent Life and Ethos: An Ethnography of a US High School. London, UK: Falmer Press.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Chang, H., Longman, K. A., & Franco, M. (2014). Leadership Development through Mentoring in Higher Education: A Collaborative Autoethnography of Leaders of Color. Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, 22(4), 373-389.
- Hernandez, K. C., Ngunjiri, F. W., & Chang, H. (2014). Exploiting the Margins in Higher Education: A Collaborative Autoethnography of Three Foreign-born Female Faculty of Color. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education. DOI: 10.1080/09518398.2014.933910
- Chang, H. (2013). Individual and Collaborative Autoethnography as a Social Science Inquiry. In S. Holman, T. Adams, & C. Ellis (Eds.). Handbook of Autoethnography. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Nussbaum, K., & Chang, H. (2013). The Quest for Diversity in Christian Higher Education: Building Institutional Governance Capacity. Christian Higher Education: An International Journal of Research, Theory, and Practice. 12 (1-2), 5-19.
- Chang, H. (2011). Autoethnography as Method for Spirituality Research in the Academy. In H. Chang & D. Boyd (Eds.). Spirituality In Higher Education: Autoethnographies (pp. 11-30). Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Pak, Soon-Youn, Chang, H., & Cho, M. (2010). Autoethnography: A Methodological Possibility for Educational Anthropology (in Korean). The Journal of Educational Anthropology, 13(2), 55-79.
- Ngunjiri, F., Hernandez, K., & Chang, H. (2010). Living Autoethnography: Connecting Iife and Research [Editorial]. Journal of Research Practice, 6(1), Article E1. Retrieved from http://jrp.icaap.org/index.php/jrp/article/view/241/186
- Chang, H. (2007). Autoethnography: Raising Cultural Awareness of Self and Others. In G. Walford, (Ed.) Methodological Developments in Ethnography: Studies in Educational Ethnography: Volume 12 (pp. 207-221). Oxford, UK: Elsevier.
- Chang, H. (2005). Cultural Autobiography for Christian Multicultural Educators: A Way of Understanding Self and Others” A Journal of the International Community of Christians in Teacher Education [Online], 1(1), Retreived from http://www.icctejournal.org/ICCTEJournal/vol1issue1/v1i1chang
- Chang, H. (2003). Multicultural Education for Global Citizenship: A Textbook Analysis. Electronic Magazine of Multicultural Education [online], 5(2), 19 paragraphs. Retrieved from
- Chang, H., & Dodd, T. (2001). International Perspectives on Race and Ethnicity: An Annotated Bibliography. Electronic Magazine of Multicultural Education 3 (1), Retrieved from
- Eastern University First U.S. Winner Of Nvivo 8 Grant
Professional Associations and Service
- American Anthropological Association-Council on Anthropology and Education
- International Leadership Association
- National Association of Multicultural Education
- American Educational Research Association
- Curriculum Vitae