B.A., Duke University (Public Policy); M.PA., University of Pennsylvania; Ph.D., Temple University, (Political Science).
She has served as a special assistant to the Managing Director and then Deputy Director of the Minority Business Enterprise Council of the city of Philadelphia. Â In her current role she is responsible for the academic quality of the SLD program and Eastern Universityâs institutional partnerships with World Vision and Habitat for Humanity.
- PH.D. Temple University
- M.A. University of Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Public Policy and Management, Rand Graduate Institute
- B.A. Duke University
Research Interests and Selected Publications
- Who Pays Rules: How Development Assistance Undermines Democracy in Africa
- Everything in Common? Dynamic Race, Class and Religious Influences on the Politics of Contemporary African-American Churches
- "African American Mega Churches" Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization. Oxford: Blackwell. (Forthcoming 2009). Â Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe.
- "Mega-Churches." Â Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization. Oxford: Blackwell. (Forthcoming 2009). Â Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe.
- Global Positions (column). PRISM. Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe.
- - "Wisdom Better Than Strengthâ (January-February 2009) Volume 16, No 1, 6.
- - "Mud Cakes or a Spoonful of Riceâ (September-October 2008) Volume 15, No. 5, 6.
- - "Seeking Justice in Columbiaâ (May-June 2008) Volume 15, No. 3, 6.
- - "WWJD in Zimbabwe?â (January-February 2008) Volume 15, No. Â 1, 6.
- - "A Sacred Opportunity,â PRISM (January-February 2009) Volume 16, No 1, 20-23. Â Kristyn Komarnicki and (interview by) Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe.
- Book review of "The Colour of Business: Managing Diversity in South Africa" Africa Today (Winter 2002) Volume 49, No. 4, 133 -134, Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe.
- âAfrica and U.S. Foreign Policy: Contributions of The Diaspora to Democratic African Leadership,â Journal of Black Studies (July 2005) Volume 35, No. 6, 779 - 801, Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe.
- âRace, Class and Community Development: The Role of the African American Church in Civil Society,â 34 pages, Sharon Gramby-Sobukwe, in Black and Latina/o Politics: Issues in Political Development in the United States, William E. Nelson, Jr. and Jessica PÃ©rez-Monforti, (Eds.), Miami: Â Barnhardt and Ashe, 2006.
Professional Associations and Service
- Camden Capacity Building Project, Senator Walter Rand Insititute for Public Affairs
- Advisory Board, Bright Lights Initiative, Philadelphia, PA
- Board of Directors First Cornithian Community Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Chairperson Board of Directors Mwamba Ministries, Kitale Kenya, West AFrica and Philadelphia, PA
- Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees, Neumann College
- Committee for the Advancement of Pan-Africanism, Executive Committee Member and co-chair of the Women's Sections, United States Representative, New York, NY
- Faculty Senator, Rutgers University, Camden, New Jersey
- African Association of Political Science
- American Association of Public Administrators
- African Studies Association
- American Association of University Women
- National Conference of Black Political Scientists