Two outstanding Christian leaders helped to create and shape the growth of what is now the Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies: the Collegeās namesake, Dr. Tony Campolo, and its first Dean, Dr. Harold Howard. It is their vision and commitment to social justice that has empowered the College to change the lives of so many people through better job opportunities and better lives for their families, all from a firm foundation of faith.
1300 Eagle Rd.
St. Davids, PA 19087
- Ph.D., Temple University
- Bachelors, Eastern University
- Ordained Minister
Research Interests and Selected Publications
- He is the author of 38 books, with the latest releases scheduled for:
- February 2010, Choose Love Not Power (Regal)
- May 2010 Connecting Like Jesus (Jossey-Bass) co-authored with Mary Albert Darling
- September 2010 Stories That Feed Your Soul (Regal)
- Red Letter Christians, A Citizenās Guide to Faith and Politics (Regal 2/2008)
- The God of Intimacy and Action (Jossey-Bass 7/2007) co-authored with Mary Albert Darling
- Letters to a Young Evangelical (Basic Books 2006)
- Others are: Speaking My Mind; Let Me Tell You a Story: Life Lessons From Unexpected Places and Unlikely People; Which Jesus; Following Jesus Without Embarrassing God (all published by Thomas Nelson); Adventures in Missing the Point (Zondervan) co-authored by Brian McLaren; Revolution and Renewal (Westminster John Knox Press); The Church Enslaved (Fortress Press) co-authored by Michael Battle; Everybody Wants to Change the World, Practical Ideas for Social Justice (Regal) co-authored by Gordon Aeschliman; The Survival Guide for Christians on Campus (Howard) co-authored by Will Willimon, just to name a few.
Professional Associations and Service
Founder and President of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education (EAPE), Dr. Campolo has worked to create, nurture and support programs for āat-riskā children in cities across North America, and has helped establish schools and universities in several developing countries.
Dr. Campolo is a media commentator on religious, social and political matters, having guested on television programs like The Colbert Report, Nightline, Crossfire, Politically Incorrect, The Charlie Rose Show, Larry King Live, CNN Dayside, CNN News and MSNBC News. He co-hosted his own television series, Hashing It Out, on the Odyssey Network, and presently hosts Across The Pond, a weekly program on the Premier Christian Radio Network in England. He is also a highly respected and sought after guest on radio stations across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Dr. Campolo speaks about 350 different times each year around the world for a wide variety of groups including churches, colleges, youth groups and the business community.