Eastern University values diversity in background and experience. We select highly motivated students who have a commitment to the nonprofit sector and have demonstrated a high level of potential for leadership and career growth.
Admission to the MS in Nonprofit Management program is based on the following:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average from the degree-granting institution of 2.5 or above
- Three to five years full-time professional work experience, including significant supervisory and leadership responsibilities (or three years of such work post-baccalaureate)
- Undergraduate and/or post-baccalaureate course work in both qualitative and quantitative subject areas sufficient to provide foundational skills
- Two professional letters of nomination
- A current vita or resume indicating work and educational history
- A writing sample
Submit the following to the address below (Download materials here):
- Completed and signed Application for Admission
- A non-refundable $35.00 application fee (payable to Eastern University, waived for those who apply online.)
- Official transcript(s) from an accredited college or university from which you earned your bachelor's degree
- Two professional letters of nomination indicating your ability to pursue graduate studies in the field of nonprofit management
- A current vita or resume indicating your complete work and educational history
- A 750-1000 word, typed essay in which you respond to the following statements:
a) Discuss how Eastern University's graduate program will relate to your professional goals.
b) Describe your leadership role in a significant professional or organizational accomplishment.
c) Discuss why you have chosen to apply to Eastern University's graduate program.
Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies
Department of Admissions and Student Services
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087-3696
If you have any questions concerning our admissions process, please contact us at 1-800-732-7669.
Note: If your native language is not English, applicants must submit the official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Eastern requires a minimum paper-based score of 550 or a computer-based score of 213.
During the admissions process, we will give special consideration to:
- Your potential to successfully complete rigorous academic requirements and contribute to highly interactive, intensive classroom experiences
- Your motivation for pursuing the MS in Nonprofit Management degree as indicated in the essay portion of your application, your letters of nomination, and - if and when requested - a personal interview.
- Your leadership ability, based on performance in the workplace, the classroom, and your community
For more information, click here to use our online inquiry form, or call Brian Ranck at 610-341-4364