Youth Development Admissions Requirements
General Application Requirements
- Completed and signed application
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university (2.5 GPA min.)
- $35 application fee payable to Eastern University
- Official transcript (Postmarked to GPS Admissions) from any College or University that you have attended
- Current resume
- A signed Disclosure of Online Learning
- Completed essay questions
Return Application Materials to:
By fax: 215-848-2651
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1300 Eagle Rd
St. Davids, PA 19087-3696
- An undergraduate degree in a social science is preferred
- A minimum of one year volunteer or work experience in youth work (social services, ministry, activism)
Essay Requirements (writing sample)
- Signed and dated (printed name and date is acceptable if submitted electronically);
- Minimum 1000 words total for all four questions
- Email all questions in a single Word document or PDF to email@example.com
The following are the questions for your essay:
- Discuss your faith experience and spiritual development.
- Discuss how Eastern University's MA in Urban Studies (Youth Development Concentration) will relate to your professional goals.
- Describe your leadership role in a significant professional or organizational accomplishment.
Answer ONE of the following questions:
- During the teaching of an after-school arts program you discover that a teenage young man has voluntarily left his home because of abuse, neglect and drug addiction of their single parent. He is now living with friends and sometimes on the street. How would you become involved or not, in this situation?
- Describe a youth who has had significant influence on you, and describe that influence.