Why Choose Pre-Med at Eastern?
Recent graduates of the Pre-Med track at Eastern have attended or are attending the following medical schools and programs:
- Arcadia University (PA program)
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev M.D. program in International Health and Medicine
- Drexel University (PA Program)
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Penn State College of Medicine;
- St. George’s University School of Medicine;
- Philadelphia, Kirksville and Des Moines University Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- PCOM (PA Program and DO)
- Seton Hill (PA program)
- Temple University Schools of Dentistry and Medicine and Podiatric Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dentistry
- University of Georgia School of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
Pre-med and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips to countries like Bolivia, Guatemala, and Costa Rica.
Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Medical Botany, Developmental Biology, and Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers. Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences. Pre-med science majors can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments. Pre-med advisor Dr. Maria Fichera offers students step-by-step guidance and support for the following pursuits: pre-medical, dental, veterinary, podiatric medicine and pre-physician assistant studies.