Why Choose Pre-Med at Eastern?
Recent graduates of the Pre-Med track at Eastern have attended or are attending the following medical schools and programs:
- Arcadia University (Physician Assistant Programs)
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev M.D. program in International Health and Medicine
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kirksville of Osteopathic Medicine
- Penn State College of Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Ross University School of Medicine
- Temple University Schools of Dentistry and Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dentistry
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- University of Virginia School of Veterinary Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
Pre-med and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips to countries like Bolivia, Guatemala, and Costa Rica.
Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Medical Botany, Christian Medical Ethics, Embryology, and Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers. Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences. Pre-med science majors can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments. Pre-med advisor Dr. Maria Fichera offers students step-by-step guidance and support for the following pursuits: pre-medical, dental, veterinary, podiatric medicine and pre-physician assistant studies.