BA in Theological Studies
Why Major in Theological Studies?
Those pursuing the BA in Theological Studies at Eastern can expect to grow in their understanding of the key issues, concepts, and personalities that have contributed to the living tradition that is the Christian faith. They will be asked to understand the significance of this tradition for the development of a Christian identity that is theologically grounded, personally meaningful and socially engaged, and will be encouraged to critically interpret and creatively apply that tradition in order to illumine and engage their life contexts in a distinctively Christian fashion.
Why Major in Theological Studies at Eastern?
- Disciplines of theology, philosophy and biblical studies intentionally interwoven and mutually supportive
- Faculty with broad expertise in biblical, patristic, medieval, reformation, and modern thought
- Professors representing a wide spectrum of denominational affiliations and theological convictions within the evangelical tradition
- Opportunities for travel and study abroad, including the Middle East
- Individual attention in small classes
- Commitment to excellent teaching and to consistent mentoring
- Intentional integration of Christian faith and scholarship