Certification in School Counseling
Distinctives of the Certification Only Programs at Eastern University
- Evening, on-ground and online courses offered
- Diverse faculty and student body
- Faculty have extensive experience in the field
- Personalized Programs of Study in either School Counseling or School Psychology
- Students complete educational requirements for certification or licensure
If you have already earned a Master's degree in a related field, you may qualify for our Certification Only program. An interview and transcript review can be completed prior to applying to determine eligibility.
- To receive course credit, a course must be comparable to the Eastern University course in terms of major topics, concepts, and objectives
- You must have earned at least a B in each course under consideration
- Unless you are working regularly in the area covered by the course, no more than 10 years may have elapsed between the time you took the course and your admission to the Certification Only program
- No more than 10 courses (30 credits) of comparable coursework will be included in the program of study for certification
- Either at the conclusion of the interview or shortly thereafter, you will be informed of how much of your prior graduate work is applicable to the certification program, and a program of study will be finalized.
Next Class Start Date
Eastern University offers several class starts in St. Davids, PA: Fall, Spring, Summer I and Summer II.