Where are classes located?
When are classes & is your program online?
How many courses can I take each semester?
How can I fit school in with the rest of my life, especially with the kind of work schedule I have?
How long does it take to complete the program?
Are the courses for the Behavior Analyst certification pre-approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)?
Can I transfer in credits from another college?
Re the GRE's an admission requirement?
How much will the program cost?
My job provides tuition reimbursement. How do you handle that?
Is financial aid available?
Do you offer Graduate Housing?
I took a year off. What do I need to come back into the program?
How do I find a job in my field?
How do I obtain Alumni Course Verification?
Q. Where are classes located?
- A. Classes are currently being held at Eastern University's main campus which is located 30 minutes west of Philadelphia, in St. Davids, Pennsylvania.
Q. When are classes held and is your program offered online?
- A. Classes are held Monday - Thursday either at 4:30PM or 7:15PM. Our Graduate Counseling and Psychology programs are not fully online but we do offer some online classes.
- A. We offer Full Time and Part Time tracks. In the regular fall and spring semesters, the full academic load is 9 credits (3 courses) & the part time academic load is 6 credits (2 courses). In the Summer Sessions, the recommended course load is 3 credits (1 course) per session. For more than 6 credits per session student will need approval from the Graduate Advisor prior to the beginning of the semester.
Q. How can I fit school in with the rest of my life, especially with the kind of work schedule I have?
- A. All of our students are working either full or part time. Our program is designed for the adult student who has responsibilities at work and at home. Classes are scheduled during the evening, Monday - Thursday either at 4:30 pm or 7:15 pm as well as some online classes.
- MA in Counseling - 3 years (full time) or 4 years (part time).
- MA in School Counseling - 2 years (full time) or 3 years (part time).
- MS and Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies in School Psychology - 3 years (full time) or 4 years (part time).
Q. Are the courses for the Behavior Analyst certification pre-approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)?
- A. All six courses have been approved by the BACB. Applicants who provide verification that they have completed this approved curriculum will not have to provide coursework documentation whey applying to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) examination.
- A. A maximum of nine graduate semester credits may be transferred from another accredited graduate program with the approval of the director of the appropriate program and the dean. (Transfer credit is not accepted in accelerated, self-contained degree programs.) An official transcript for this coursework must be received by Eastern in order for the course to be transferred. No credit will be granted for courses taken at another institution in which the student has earned less than a grade of “B.”Course work to be taken at other institutions during the student’s enrollment at Eastern must be approved in advance.
- A. NO, GRE's are not required unless your GPA is below the required 2.8 for the Counseling & School Counseling Programs & 3.0 for the School Psychology Program.
- A. Financial aid concerns with regards to payment method, tuition reimbursement, costs, etc. should be referred to the Student Accounts office at (610) 341-5832. For those students wanting to pursue a loan, they can speak to the financial aid office about the process at 610-225-5102 to discuss their individual situation.
- A. Students in the Graduate Counseling and Psychology Programs are eligible to apply for financial aid as full-time students and may apply for assistance through one of the available student loan programs. For additional information, contact the Eastern University Financial Aid office at 610-225-5102 or email@example.com
- A. Yes! The Village is an apartment living option for Eastern Students over the age of 23 (Village Information Sheet). Additional questions can be addressed to the Housing Office at Eastern University through Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 610-341-5840.
- A. Application for readmission is required if a student wishes to return after being inactive for 2 or more consecutive semesters, not including the summer sessions. The factors to be considered in readmission will include those considered at the initial admission of the student. In addition, we will seek feedback and recommendations from the department's faculty, Chairperson, and Graduate Student Advisor. Re-admission check list.
- A.The Office for Talent & Career Development is here to equip you with the tools and skills needed to manage your successful job search. We assist students and alumni through one-on-one counseling, facilitating workshops, and providing career-related resources.
- Resume critique
- Improve interview skills
- Learn effective networking
- Skills assessmentCareer resources
- The Graduate Counseling and Psychology Department often receives requests from our graduates to verify coursework for their applications to external credentialing bodies (i.e., licensure and certification boards). Find out more by reading our Alumni Course Verification Information.