Graduate Counseling and Psychology Department Program Admission Requirements
Please carefully read the following admissions requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA is strongly advised to submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology, Human Growth and Development, and/or Introduction to Sociology.
To apply to the Graduate Counnseling and Psychology Programs submit the following materials to:
Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions
1300 Eagle Road
St. Daivds PA 19087
- A completed application and $35 application fee. (Please note that your application fee is waived if you apply online.)
- Two Recommendations: One professional recommendation and one academic. The professional reference must be from a present or past workplace supervisor; the academic reference must be from a college professor. Those who are recommending you must use our forms: Download the Graduate Counseling and Psychology Department's Recommendation forms here. **If you have been out of school for more than four years, you may submit two professional recommendations.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) institution you've attended.
- Note: Additional official transcripts(s) will be needed reflecting the necessary pre-requisites if completed at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed.
- A current resume.
- If you have already been admitted to Eastern before, please read the Readmission Requirements
After your application is completed and you have met admission requirements, selected candidates will be contacted by a representative of Eastern University, to schedule the following:
- A personal interview with the Faculty from the Department
- A writing task, to be completed onsite after the personal interview.
- A review of your program of study.
After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a New Student Enrollment Form.
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
* Please note, at least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
Early Application Deadline - January 16, 2017*
Final Application Deadline - June 16, 2017
Graduate Assistantship Application Deadline - January 16, 2017**
* Apply by January 16 to be given priority consideration for our scholarships.
**If you wish to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, your Graduate Admissions Application and Graduate Assistantship Application must be completed by January 16, 2017.