MA in Counseling Admission Requirements
Please carefully read the following admissions requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA may submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology.
To apply to the Master of Arts in Counseling Graduate Program submit the following materials to:
The Counseling Psychology Department
1300 Eagle Road
St. Daivds PA 19087
- A completed application and $35 application fee. (Please note that your application fee is waived if you apply online.)
- Two Recommendations: One professional recommendation and one academic. The professional reference must be from a present or past workplace supervisor; the academic reference must be from a college professor. Those who are recommending you must use our forms: Download the Counseling Recommendation forms here. **If you have been out of school for more than seven years, you may submit two professional recommendations.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) institution you've attended.
- Note: If you are a current senior/undergraduate student in the process of completing your bachelor's degree, we will need an in-progress transcript, as well as confirmation that you will meet degree requirements to graduate in the form of a letter from your registrar. This letter can be faxed to 610-341-1585.
- Note: Additional official transcripts(s) will be needed reflecting the necessary pre-requisites if completed at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed.
- A current resume.
- A signed Disclosure of Online Learning Expectations (DOLE) Form.
- If you have already been admitted to Eastern before, please read the Readmission Requirements
- A completed Institutional Aid Application (if you would like to be considered for departmental financial assistance)
After your application is completed and you have met admission requirements, you will be contacted by a representative of Eastern University, who will assist you in completing the following:
- A personal interview with the Graduate Student Advisor.
- A writing sample, to be completed onsite after the personal interview.
- A review of your program of study.
After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
* Please note, at least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
Early Application Deadline - January 16, 2015*
Final Application Deadline - June 15, 2015
Graduate Assistantship Application Deadline - January 16, 2015**
* Apply by January 16 to be given priority consideration for our Rolling Merit Grants
**If you wish to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, your Graduate Admissions Application and Graduate Assistantship Application must be completed by January 16, 2015.