MA in Counseling Admission Requirements
Please carefully read the following admissions requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA may submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology.
To apply to the Master of Arts in Counseling Graduate Program submit the following materials to:
The Counseling Psychology Department
1300 Eagle Road
St. Daivds PA 19087
- A completed application and $35 application fee. (Please note that your application fee is waived if you apply online.)
- Two Recommendations: One professional recommendation and one academic. The professional reference must be from a present or past workplace supervisor; the academic reference must be from a college professor. Those who are recommending you must use our forms: Download the Counseling Recommendation forms here. **If you have been out of school for more than seven years, you may submit two professional recommendations.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) institution you've attended.
- Note: If you are a current senior/undergraduate student in the process of completing your bachelor's degree, we will need an in-progress transcript, as well as confirmation that you will meet degree requirements to graduate in the form of a letter from your registrar. This letter can be faxed to 610-341-1585.
- Note: Additional official transcripts(s) will be needed reflecting the necessary pre-requisites if completed at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed.
- A current resume.
- A signed Disclosure of Online Learning Expectations (DOLE) Form.
- If you have already been admitted to Eastern before, please read the Readmission Requirements
After your application is completed and you have met admission requirements, you will be contacted by a representative of Eastern University, who will assist you in completing the following:
- A personal interview with the Graduate Student Advisor.
- A writing sample, to be completed onsite after the personal interview.
- A review of your program of study.
After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
* Please note, at least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
Final Deadline - June 13, 2014