MA in School Counseling
Featured Alumni Testimonial
Raleigh Booze, MA School Counseling
“The professors cared for us tremendously. They held us to high standards, but were also interested in our success. From taking our first classes to completing our internships, they made sure that we had the tools we needed in order to succeed. They didn’t just care because it was a part of their job description; they reached out to us because they saw our potential, encouraged us and knew how to help us get to where we needed to go.”
Distinctives of the MA in School Counseling at Eastern University
- Meets the competency areas established by Pennsylvania Department of Education and American School Counseling Association
- Meets the educational requirements for Licensed Behavior Specialist and Licensed Professional Counselor
- Faculty have extensive experience within public and private school settings
- Master evidence based practices and research based counseling skills
- Obtain practical skills to serve as an advocate for students in Pre-K – 12th grade.
- Evening, face-to-face and asynchronous online class times
- Small, highly individualized courses
The mission of the School Counseling program is to train masters level graduates who 1) function as advocates for their students, 2) promote the welfare of the entire learning community, and 3) are academically prepared to seek state certification as PreK-12 school counselors.
The MA in School Counseling is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024.
Next Class Start Date
Now accepting applications for an August 2017 class start in St. Davids, PA.
Apply by the Early Application Deadline (January 16, 2017) to be given priority consideration for our scholarships!