MA in School Counseling
Distinctives of the MA in School Counseling at Eastern University
- Meets the competency areas established by Pennsylvania Department of Education and American School Counseling Association
- Meets the educational requirements for Licensed Behavior Specialist and Licensed Professional Counselor
- Faculty have extensive experience within public and private school settings
- Master evidence based practices and research based counseling skills
- Obtain practical skills to serve as an advocate for students in Pre-K – 12th grade.
The mission of the School Counseling program is to train masters level graduates who 1) function as advocates for their students, 2) promote the welfare of the entire learning community, and 3) are academically prepared to seek state certification as elementary and/or secondary school counselors.
The MA in School Counseling is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024.
Next Class Start Date
Now accepting applications for an August 2015 class start in St. Davids, PA.