MA in School Counseling
Become an advocate for students while promoting the welfare of an entire learning community. This degree prepares you to seek state certification as a PreK-12 school counselor, licensed professional counselor, and licensed behavior specialist.
- Location: St. Davids, PA
- Delivery: A combination of evening, face-to-face, and asynchronous online
- Length: 2 years full-time or 3 years part-time
- Enrolling New Students: August
- Meets the competency areas established by Pennsylvania Department of Education and American School Counseling Association
- Meets the educational requirements for Licensed Behavior Specialist and Licensed Professional Counselor
- Faculty have extensive experience within clinical settings and public and private schools
- Students master evidence-based practices and research-based counseling skills
- Reduced practicum and internship hours for PA Certified Educators
- Competitive tuition, partnership grants, military benefits, and merit scholarships
"Eastern's staff put me at ease with the process and thought of going back to school 10+ years after graduating with my bachelor's degree. The teachers were very passionate, and the courses in the school counseling program were carefully designed to prepare us for the field. Because of the preparation received from the school, I landed a job as a school counselor 6 months before graduation on an emergency certification. I owe it to the preparation gained at Eastern University and will be forever grateful to all the teachers." -Minerva Perez, MA in School Counseling ‘17
The MA in School Counseling is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024.
- Inclusion on a professional level: MPCAC values the unique history of the counseling field which intersects with the disciplines of counseling psychology and psychology. Along with most experienced clinicians serving clients, MPCAC recognizes the benefit to the public in continuing to overlap these two areas of the field. Students with backgrounds in psychology are welcome to apply and build upon their existing knowledge in preparation for becoming professional counselors.
- Inclusion on a personal level: MPCAC is deeply committed to promoting culturally responsive services that promote the public good. Their strong emphasis on diversity and social justice aligns with Eastern’s foundational commitments to justice, reconciliation, and transformation.
Next Class Start Date
The deadline for the August 2017 start has passed. Apply now for August 2018.