BA in Dance (Audition Required)
Why Major in Dance?
The BA in Dance at Eastern University provides students with a unique blend of courses and training in various areas of dance, including: modern, jazz, ballet, African dance, pointe and variations, liturgical dance and anatomy and kinesiology for dancers. Students can also take upper-level courses in dance improvisation, dance composition, world dance, and dance education. Classes are led by dance professionals who are committed to preparing students for careers as performers, educators, choreographers, researchers, critical thinkers and creative problem solvers.
Why Major in Dance at Eastern?
- Dedicated dance scholarships through audition
- Commitment to shaping a well-rounded and grounded dance professional
- Dance faculty have regional, national and international recognition with expertise in research, education, performance, choreography, dance medicine and science, African and multicultural studies, community-based arts, and studio work.
- Outstanding internship opportunities with professional dance companies in the Philadelphia area
- Dance Guild: student club that supports the academic and extracurricular dance program
- Eastern Dance Ministry: student dance group that performs in chapel and in off-campus venues
- Dance Repertory (by audition only): dance performance course whose members perform both on and off campus