BSN (Pre-Licensure) - Second Degree Nursing Program
Eastern University has developed a program to help students who have non-nursing bachelor’s degrees prepare for a nursing career in as little as two years of full-time study. The BSN (Pre-Licensure) is a second degree nursing program that prepares the student for a career as a baccalaureate-prepared nursing professional. Equipped with a previous degree and the prerequisites, the student enters the program as a junior BSN student.
By the year 2020, the U.S. healthcare industry expects to see a shortage of 800,000 registered nurses, just as the aging baby-boomer population increases its demand on medical services.
- Length: 2 Years
- Format: On-Campus
- Location: St. Davids, PA
- Start Term: January (Cohort)
- Cost and Financial Aid: View our competitive tuition. Many of our adult undergraduate students qualify for significant federal and state financial aid, partner grants, and military benefits. Submit your FAFSA to determine your eligibility.
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Recent NCLEX Pass Rates are between 93% to 100% over the last several years (one of the highest in PA).
- 95% EMPLOYMENT RATE: 95% of Eastern graduates are employed within their first year of graduation. (Based on 2016 data)
- ACCREDITED & NATIONALLY-ENDORSED: Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The program is 1 of only 15 programs endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC).
- EXPERT PROFESSORS, SMALL CLASSES: Eastern’s curriculum is taught by experienced professionals who are current in the nursing field’s latest developments. Students receive individual attention through small class sizes with an 8:1 clinical ratio.
- THEORY MEETS CLINICAL: Theory courses are merged with comprehensive clinical experiences in a variety of settings, from outpatient to inpatient to the critical care unit.
- SUPPORTIVE COHORT: Each cohort of students stays together throughout the program, providing a continuous support-group environment.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART LABORATORY AND RESOURCES: Our Nursing Resource Clinical Laboratory provides students with a simulated health care setting where they learn and practice fundamental nursing skills as well as the advanced nursing skills that they will encounter in clinical practice. A full-time Skills Laboratory Manager assists in the learning of nursing skills. Students also have access to on-campus computer labs as well as Eastern’s comprehensive library.
- PAID EXTERNSHIPS: An optional externship during students’ second summer provides the opportunity to work in a healthcare setting, practice skills, and network. The majority of these externships are paid and often lead to professional employment.
- TRANSFER CREDITS: Students receive credits from previous baccalaureate degree program to help fulfill a variety of requirements for the BSN program allowing the student to complete the program in two years of full-time study.
The baccalaureate nursing programs at Eastern University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
Eastern University’s BSN2 was named an Adult Undergrad Top Degree!