Eastern University values diversity in background and experience. We select highly motivated students who have a commitment to the nonprofit sector and have demonstrated a high level of potential for leadership and career growth.
Check the status of Your Application!
We want to make sure this process goes smoothly for you, so we have created a form that you can use to find out if we have received the documents you sent to us.
This program is open to all applicants who:
- Hold a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a preferred GPA of 3.0 (2.5 to 2.99 GPA considered with outstanding leadership track record).
- Have a demonstrated proficiency in the language of delivery (English), demonstrated by acceptable scores on TOEFL or IELTS examinations.
- Have a demonstrated leadership track record of 3 or more years as evidenced in CV and essays.
- Have ready access to high-speed Internet.
To apply to this program, students must provide the following (Download materials):
- $35 Application Fee (waived for online applicants)
- Application Form
- Admissions Essay
- Academic Writing Sample
- One Letter of Recommendation submitted with Eastern University recommendation forms. Letters and forms must be sent directly from your references in a sealed and signed envelope. The letter of recommendation should come from a current or recent supervisor, and speak to the professional/academic abilities of the applicant that will help him/her be successful at graduate level education. The recommender should provide specific examples of when the applicant has demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and critical thinking skills.
- Official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges or universities (see transcript request form)
- Current resume (CV)
- DOLE (Disclosure of Online Learning Expectations)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores (international students only)
Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087-3696
If you have any questions concerning our admissions process, please contact us at 1-800-452-0996.
Note: If your native language is not English, applicants must submit the official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Eastern requires a minimum paper-based score of 550 or a computer-based score of 213.
During the admissions process, we will give special consideration to:
- Your potential to successfully complete rigorous academic requirements and contribute to highly interactive, intensive classroom experiences
- Your motivation for pursuing the MS in Nonprofit Management degree as indicated in the essay portion of your application, your letters of nomination, and - if and when requested - a personal interview.
- Your leadership ability, based on performance in the workplace, the classroom, and your community
For more information, click here to use our online inquiry form.