MS and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in School Psychology
Facilitate optimal learning conditions amongst diverse students as a school psychologist. Become competent in the use of data-based assessment, consultation, prevention/intervention strategies, and effective instruction to help students and families thrive.
- Location: St. Davids, PA
- Delivery: A combination of evening, face-to-face, and asynchronous online courses
- Length: 3 years full-time or 4 years part-time
- Enrolling New Students: August
- Meets the competency areas established by Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Meets the educational requirements for Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and Licensed Behavior Specialist (LBS)
- Faculty have extensive experience in clinical settings and public and private schools
- Students master data-based assessment, consultation and intervention strategies
- Graduates can successfully integrate scientifically-based knowledge and practical experience
- Competitive tuition, partnership grants, military benefits, and merit scholarships
"Eastern exudes a positive and warm atmosphere of a smaller university that makes one feel welcome and supported. Professors are committed to ensuring that students receive the best education and career preparation possible. I feel confident that when I graduate, I will be fully prepared as a school psychologist.” -Kathleen Policastro, MS in School Psychology '16
- We develop school leaders who promote mental health and academic skills in all students from grades Pre K to 12.
- Our graduate students integrate evidence-based knowledge with practical experience to serve students in diverse school settings within the context of their cultural, educational, and familial worldview.
- We offer in-depth training in evaluating students for special service eligibility by teaching the assessment of academic skills and cognitive abilities and determining how social-emotional development interacts with academic and cognitive skills.
- Students learn and practice collaboration with teachers, caregivers, and administrators, and implement solutions for learning, behavior, and social problems.
- We train students to provide psychological counseling by directly working with students and their families to resolve difficulties in adjustment and learning.
- Specific skills in applied behavioral analysis and the implementation and monitoring of interventions are also taught and practiced by our graduate students.