Graduate Programs Admission Requirements
Applicants who wish to be admitted to degree and non-degree certification programs at the graduate level must apply to The Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office.
M. Ed. in Multicultural Ed., M. Ed. in School Health Services, M.Ed. in Reading, M.Ed. in Special Education, M.Ed. in TESOL & Pennsylvania (PA) Teacher Certification Programs
All post-baccalaureate students who wish to be admitted in certification or degree programs at the Master's level need to apply for graduate admission. In addition to submitting the online application, applicants must send the following documents indicated below to the CCGPS Admissions Office:
- $35 application fee payable to Eastern University (waive if you apply online)
- PA RN License
- Official transcript(s) from institution that granted your baccalaureate degree, including Eastern. Graduate school transcripts from each college oruniversity attended is also required if you wish to have graduate classes considered for transfer. An official transcript is one received directly by Eastern in a sealed envelope, with appropriate seals and signatures from theissuing school.
- Completed Program of Study. The Program of Study will be sent to you by email from your academic advisor once your application and transcripts are received in the Graduate Admissions office.
- Disclosure form (DOLE form) - signed and returned.
- Current resume
An essay of 750-1000 words (signed and dated) responding to the following statements:
- Summarize how your personal characteristics, professional activities and/or personal life experiences have led you to believe you are well suited for the education profession.
- Identify your personal and professional goals and discuss why you have chosen to apply to Eastern University's Education programs to fulfill those goals.
Please include a discussion of your academic record and how it accurately reflects/does not reflect your intellectual and professional abilities.
GPA of 3.0 preferred with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA may submit PRAXIS 1 (reading, writing & math) or PAPA scores to strengthen the application. An applicant with a lower GPA may be offered provisional admission for a period of one semester or term. (Note: students are limited to six credits in this classification and financial aid is not available.)
- Copy of Instructional 1 certificate (if held)
- PRAXIS or PECT scores (if taken)
- All International Students with transcripts from non-US institutions should have transcripts evaluated by World Education Service. For more information visit www.wes.org
International applicants from non English-speaking countries must provide a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based test), 550 (written test), or 213 (computer-based test) taken within 2 years of the desired term of entry. The institutional code for Eastern University is 2220. For more information visit http://www.toefl.org.
In addition to the general graduate admissions requirements, applicants may have to complete prerequisites before they are fully admitted to different degree and certification programs. Please consult websites of various programs.
All post-baccalaureate students wishing to take courses as non-degree students need to apply for graduate admission. A non-degree student is one who meets all requirements for admission to a specific graduate program, but who does not intend to work for an advanced degree or PA teaching certification at this institution. This classification includes students who plan to transfer credits to another institution, students studying for personal enrichment, and those who plan special programs of study not connected with a specific department and not leading to an advanced degree.
In addition to submitting a non-degree application, students must submit proof of graduation in the form of a final transcript from an accredited undergraduate program and a non-refundable $35 application fee prior to beginning course work. Courses with prerequisites may be taken only if the prerequisites have been met. Students wishing to take more than fifteen graduate credits must apply to CCGPS Admissions as a degree candidate and meet all admission requirements as outlined previously.
Ph. D. in Organizational Leadership (Concentration: Educational Leadership)
For admissions criteria and application information regarding the Ph. D. program, please visit the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership Web site.