MEd in TESOL- Online
Eastern University’s Online Master of Education in TESOL is committed to prepare professionals to work effectively with people from all cultural backgrounds and to provide English instruction to English learners in the United States and the world.
Graduates of the Master of Education in TESOL will be able to:
- Demonstrate the comprehension of the complexity of cultural and linguistic diversity and its implications for student achievement.
- Apply curricula, methodologies, and evaluation strategies best suited for students of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Reflect critically on their own assumptions and practices as a basis for personal transformation and vision creation that will benefit the student community.
- Instruct English effectively to speakers of other languages.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that promote educational equity for a diverse population.
- The Online Master of Education in TESOL program integrates Eastern University’s mission of faith, justice, and reason to promote educational equity and social justice.
- The completion time of the program ranges between one to maximum seven years.
- The flexible program design accommodates students who manage busy schedules or who live in different time zones.
- The entire program, except TESOL field experience, is offered online to accommodate the needs of local, national, and international students. TESOL field experience can be complete on ground at the students’ locations with proper supervision.
- Classes are offered in fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Applicants can enter Eastern University online M.Ed. program at multiple points throughout the year.
- Students will have regular access to faculty with rich multicultural and international experiences through synchronous and asynchronous communication tools.
- A 4-week summer study is possible at Eastern University for international students.
Featured Alumni Testimonial
Amy Ballard, MEd '16
"Small class sizes, whether online or in person, made it possible for me to connect with other students and with professors; I had consistent support from the faculty and my colleagues. My professors were also very knowledgeable; they taught from their own experiences in the classroom, their research, and their faith. Eastern had the most affordable and accessible program for me, and I was glad to have a program that allowed me to both work in the field part time and attend school full time."