Program Admissions Criteria
All post-baccalaureate students who wish to be admitted in ESL Program Specialist Certification or degree program at the Master's level need to apply for graduate admission. In addition to submitting the online application, applicants must send the following documents indicated below to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- $35 application fee payable to Eastern University (apply online to have this fee waived)
- Official transcript(s) from institution that granted your baccalaureate degree
- Disclosure of Online Learning Expectations
- Program of study (this evaluation will be done by the School of Education upon receipt of your transcripts)
- 750-1000 word essay:
- Summarize how your personal characteristics, professional activities, and/or personal life experiences have led you to believe you are well suited for the education profession.
- Identify your personal and professional goals and discuss why you have chosen to apply to Eastern University's Education programs to fulfill those goals. Please include a discussion of your academic record and how it accurately reflects/does not reflect your intellectual and professional abilities.
- Applicants, who studied in educational systems outside the US and/or whose language of instruction was not English, must have a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based), or 213 (computer-based), or 550 (written test), or minimum International English language testing systems (IELTS) score of 6.5
Transfer Credit Policy
Up to 9 credits may be transferred upon review and approval of the Program Director. The credits to be transferred should meet the following criteria:
- The credits were completed at the graduate level;
- The credits were taken at an accredited college or university;
- The credits were taken within the last seven years;
- A minimum grade of a ‘B’ was earned for each course.