Admission to the Master of Arts in Theological and Cultural Anthropology
- You must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall grade-point average of 2.5 or better.
- One class in the Introduction to Cultural Anthropology is required, with a grade of C or better. Preferred consideration will be given to candidates with further anthropology in their backgrounds. Cross-cultural experience is also valued. Note: candidates lacking the introductory course may take it online through Eastern University in the summer in advance of enrolling.
Steps to Admission
- Fill out the online application for graduate programs.
- Submit official transcripts from your undergraduate education.
- Submit a current CV or resume indicating work and educational history.
- Submit a 2-3 page personal statement of Christian faith describing what you believe and why.
- Submit a 2-3 page statement of purpose, describing your reason for applying to this program.
- Submit two references. Click here to submit reference names. An email will be sent to referees to submit references online.
Materials should be submitted to:
Graduate Admissions, MATCA program
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
You will hear back immediately that your materials have been received. Admission decisions are made on an ongoing basis, so you will hear within 3-4 weeks from the director of the program as to the decision. In the meantime you are welcome to email either the director, Dr. Eloise Meneses (email@example.com), or the program administrator, Jon-Michael Odean (firstname.lastname@example.org), with any concerns, including the cost of tuition and fees.