BA in Music with Concentration in Contemporary Music
WHY MAJOR IN CONTEMPORARY MUSIC?
The BA in Music with a Concentration in Contemporary Music at Eastern University is based on a unique blend of approach and technique that incorporates all the fundamentals necessary for success in a variety of applications in the current musical scene.
Combined with other elements of contemporary music - performance, the business, legal issues, promotion, touring, running a band, vocal technique, live sound and more - Eastern's Contemporary Music Program will put you in a position to make your own break in the music world.
Audition: An audition is required for acceptance into the music major. More Information.
With a BA in Music with a Concentration in Contemporary Music, students are prepared to enter careers in:
- Studio recording and production
- Digital audio manipulation (post production, Editing, Foley etc.)
- Sound design
- Film Scoring
- Music Business
- Live Sound Reinforcement
- Artist Management
WHY MAJOR IN CONTEMPORARY MUSIC AT EASTERN?
- Opportunity to work with the Contemporary Music Center in Nashville, TN for up to a full academic year*.
- Deep familiarity with Digital Audio Workstations, MIDI and studio music production will open up the world of recording from simple musical sketches to full-blown broadcast-quality finished products.
- Knowledge of styles from the last 100 years of American and British music will give you a richer palate of melody and harmony, resulting in a unique edge in the songwriting marketplace. There's more to music than I-IV-V!
- Audition for dedicated music scholarships
- Faculty consists of performer-scholars
- Nearby Philadelphia and the historic Main Line provide ample opportunities for internships, performance experience, and involvement with art organizations
- Commitment to professional and relational integrity
* Requires a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and recommendations from the Chair of the Music Department and the Director of Contemporary Music.