Yolanda Turner is an Associate Professor and co-chair of the Psychology department at Eastern University where she has taught since 1996. Dr. Turner also serves as faculty advisor of all of Eastern‚Äôs undeclared undergraduates. She is on the board of directors for the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, and presents regularly at national conferences in her field.‚Ä®‚Ä®In addition, Dr. Turner is a therapist and partner at Central Counseling Associates, seeing individuals, and couples in private practice. Dr. Turner is the recipient of the 2012 Lindback Award for Excellence in Teaching, and specializes in clinical psychology with a focus on the intersection of faith and sexuality.
PhD, Human Sexuality, Widener University
MA, Creative Arts Therapy, Drexel University
BA, Religion, Bates College¬†
Research Interests and Publications
- Turner, Y. & Stayton, W. (in press). The 21st century challenges to sexuality and religion. Journal of Health and Religion, 21, n.p. doi: 10.1007/s10943-012-9652-3
- Dyson, D. & Turner, Y. (2011). Faith boxes: A training activity for educators and human service professionals. American Journal of Sexuality Education, 6, 114-121. doi:10.1080/15546128.2011.547383
- Turner,Y. & Clark-Schock, K. (1990). Dynamic corporate training for women: A creative arts therapies approach. ¬†The Arts in Psychotherapy, 17, 217-222.
- Clark-Schock, K., Turner, Y., & Bovee, T. (1988). A multidisciplinary assessment: The introductory group. ¬†The Arts in Psychotherapy, l5, 79-82.
- Turner,Y. (1988). Make the most of your leadership style. American Fitness, 6, 2.