Welcome to the School of Leadership and Development (SLD).Â If you are in search of graduate programs that will prepare you to serve God through serving the poor and disenfranchised, you've come to the right place.Â For over 30 years, Eastern University has been offering graduate education at the forefront of the international development, NGO and Nonprofit sectors.Â
- MA in Organizational Leadership
- MBA in Economic Development (International or Urban Concentration)
- MA in International Development (Global or Urban Concentration)
- MS in Nonprofit Management
- Dual Degree Programs (MDiv/MBA and MDiv/MA)
2014 is an anniversary year for three of SLD's graduate programs:
- The M.B.A. in Economic Development celebrates 30 years of preparing people to serve the poor around the world.
- The M.S. in Nonprofit Management celebrates 20 years of preparing leaders who serve in US nonprofit organizations.
- The M.A. in Organizational Leadership celebrates 15 years of preparing leaders who serve NGOs, Churches and Christian ministries on five continents.
Together with the M.A. in International Development, you'll find an array of learning experiences to prepare you for faithful service.
Staying true to our core values, we partner with a number of NGOs to develop their staff in Africa and Latin America by offering two programs on these continents.Â While there's much we could say about the role our programs have played in developing leaders around the world, our alumni tell the story so much better.
SLD Fast Facts:
- We offer our degrees in the US (Philadelphia area), Africa and Latin America
- Over 1500 leaders have been equipped to better serve the poor and end injustice, 550 of them from World Vision and Habitat for Humanity
- 78 countries are represented in our alumni and student body
Enjoy your review of our programs and we look forward to speaking with you further about your career aspirations and how our programs can serve you towards those goals.
Eastern University and the Accord Fellowship Program
Accord member agency staff who enroll in specific programs of the School of Leadership and Development at Eastern University in the U.S. or Africa based programs are eligible. More Information.
SLDâ€™s mission is to serve, educate, support and provide mission critical knowledge tools, based on a servant leadership model, to all those who want to grow in their knowledge, skills and faith to better serve and lead in all places of need in a holistic, practical, and transformational manner. More on Mission, Vision and Core Values.