Emmanuel Chemengich, D.Min.
Executive Director, Association for Christian Theological Education in Africa (ACTEA)
Psalm 78:72 - And David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them.
Dr. Chemengich joined the School of Leadership and Development in 2006 as an adjunct faculty while serving as Pastor of the Anglican Cathedral in Kitale, Kenya (2005-2007). He has since served as Principal of Africa Theological Seminary, Kitale, Kenya (2008-2013) and currently serves as the Executive Director, Association for Christian Theological Education in Africa (ACTEA), a continental evangelical organization offering academic accreditation and administrative support services to theological institutions in Africa.
- D.Min., Lutheran Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA, USA (2005)
- M.Th., Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA, USA (2005)
- S.T.M., Lutheran Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA, USA (1996)
- B.D., St. Paul's University, Limuru, Kenya (1992)
- Biblical Hermeneutics in African Context
- Adolescent Rites of Passage and Church's Youth Ministry
- Curriculum development for Christian Education
- Ongoing Book Project: "Bridge to Adulthood: Rites of Passage for Christian Youth"
- Curriculum Designs for Alternative Christian Rites of Passage Programs
Selected Lectures and Presentations
- "Shaping a Responsive Curriculum"; Overseas Council International Conference, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2012).
- "The Cultural Side of Change: How do African Values Foster or Obstruct Change?"; Overseas Council International Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa (2011).
- Chairman, Water Missions International (Kenya)
- Chairman, Kitale School - Primary & High School (Kenya)
- Member, International Council for Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE)
- Member and Founder, Mwamba Foundation (Kenya and USA)
- Spiritual Formation for Christian Leaders I & II