Rev. Stan LeQuire is the instructural designer and an adjunct faculty member at Eastern University. As an adjunct faculty, Rev. LeQuire teaches both graduate and undergraduate courses. His two favorite courses to teach are Sustainable Development and the Theology of Creation.
Prior to working at Eastern, he was director of continuing education for Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Philadelphia and the past director of the Evangelical Environmental Network, a creation care ministry of Evangelicals for Social Action. He has also served as a missionary in Europe, Africa and Asia and as the pastor of churches in Maine and Massachusetts. Rev. LeQuire is certified in On-line Learning and Course Development through Temple University. He is also a certified Internet Webmaster Associate and a certified Web Specialist.
M.Div. Gordon, Conwell Seminary
B.A. University of Tennessee (Sociology)
Research Interests and Selected Publications
- â€śFinding Untold Stories,â€ť published in the July 2008 issue, No. 131, pp. 16-29, of the Journal of Theology for Southern Africa. This paper was also presented at the 2007 assembly of the Theological Society of South Africa.
- â€śGlobalizing Christian Education in Economic Development: Problems and Prospects in Designing and Delivering a Christian US Graduate Program for the Developing World,â€ť with M. Thomas Ridington; paper delivered at the November 2006 convention of the International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education; Managua, Nicaragua.
- Editor of The Best Preaching on Earth. Published in 1996 by Judson Press, Valley Forge, PA, USA. ISBN: 0817012397. An anthology of sermons on creation care by John Stott, Madeleine Lâ€™Engle, Philip Yancey, etc.
- Co-author with Eastern graduate student, Chantelle du Plessis, of Wild and Wonderful: Tourism, Faith and Communities. ISBN: 978-1-62032-868-2.
- Contributing editor to Creation Care, a Christian environmental quarterly magazine.