If at any time you have questions regarding Admissions Procedures adult undergraduate, graduate or doctoral programs please give us a call at 1-800-732-7669 or 610-341-5942.
Undergraduate Admissions Procedures
To be considered for admission to Eastern University’s CCGPS undergraduate programs, please complete, sign, and return the application for admission with your application fee and essay. Forward the transcript request forms as directed.
- Completed and signed application for admission
- A non-refundable $25.00 application fee payable to Eastern University
- Current resume or CV indicating work and educational history and professional affiliations
- Contact information (name, title, telephone number, email address) for two professional recommendations
- Official high school transcript/GED certificate
- Request official high school transcript/GED certificate
- Avoid delays. Request your transcripts early. (Transcripts requested from the Philadelphia School District may take as long as three months to be received.)
- Send the enclosed request form to your high school, if required. (Some schools charge a small processing fee so we suggest you contact the school to determine its requirements before mailing the request.)
- Be sure to indicate any other names you have used such as maiden, married, family name, etc.
- Official Post-secondary transcript (s)
- Request an official transcript from EACH college or post-secondary institution attended. These must be mailed directly from the institution to the CCGPS Admissions Department in a sealed envelope.
- Avoid delays. Request your transcripts early.
- Transcript request forms have been provided in this application portfolio packet and can be downloaded from the CCGPS web site if additional copies are needed. Please mail one directly to each college/institution you attended. (Contact the college/ institution for its fees and transcript processing requirements.)
- Personal Essay (See other side for program-specific essay questions and directions.)
- Graduates of an educational system outside the United States whose language of instruction was not English must submit an official score report with a minimum acceptable score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum acceptable scores for TOEFL are 79 for the Internet-based test, 213 for the computer-based test, and 550 for the paper-based test. The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5.
- Disclosure of Online Learning Expectations (DOLE Form)
Important Information For All Applicants
- Completed and signed original documents are required for all application forms. Faxed transcripts are considered unofficial documents and are not acceptable for admission to the University. Completed applications with all necessary documentation are reviewed on a regular basis. For doctoral applications only, all completed application portfolios are reviewed together following the application deadline.
- It is the individual applicant’s responsibility to monitor the status of his/her application file and to ensure the completion of his/her file.
- Once the application, application fee, official transcript (s), resume, recommendation forms, essay(s), DOLE form and any additional credentials required have been received, the applicant’s records will be evaluated and he/she will receive notice of admission status by mail.
- Applicants interested in applying for Financial Aid should contact the Student Aid Office at 610-341-5842 or Financial Aid
- From time to time, personal interviews may be requested by a program director and/or admissions director prior to an admission decision being rendered.
- Applications, documentation and application fee are valid for two years upon receipt by the University.
- Eastern University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and does not discriminate in any of its policies, programs, or activities on the basis of gender, race, handicap, marital or parental status, or national or ethnic origin.