Scheduling Your Visit
Eastern's visit center schedules individual visits on Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM.¬† Please request a minimum of 7 days before your actual arrival to receive optimal hospitality during your visit.¬†
- Overview Meeting with an admissions counselor (apprx 30 min.)
- Campus Tour with an Eastern Student (apprx. 1hr and 15 minutes)
- Complimentary lunch in our dining commons between 11 AM and 2 PM (appx. 30 min.)
- Join us for Chapel on Wednesday from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Sit in on a Class (apprx. 1hr or 1hr 20 min.)
- Meet with a professor or coach (apprx. 30 min)
- Spend the night with a student
- Mini-Vacation! ¬†Check out local tourist locations
- Attend a sports game, musical, play, or other organized events.
Planning for Your Visit
- We would like at least one week's notice for visits so we have time to accommodate your interests.
- Because of our dynamic chapels, Wednesday morning visits are recommended.
- Dress comfortably & bring comfortable walking shoes; our campus is 115 acres and the tour is comprehensive.
- We welcome all family members to be a part of your day. ¬†Lunch is complimentary to you and your family, if you are on campus between 11 AM - 2 PM.
- Airport drop-off and pick-ups must be between 9 AM - 5 PM; Monday-Friday unless otherwise arranged with your admissions counselor.
- Guests may stay for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Maximum of 2 meals are provided for guests.
- Campus tours and interviews are available between 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday-Friday.
Enjoy a personalized visit during the weekdays.¬† Learn more.
October 14, 2013 @ 8:00 AM
November 2, 2013 @ 9:00 AM
Featuring: Dr. Tony Campolo, Professor Emeritus
November 11, 2013 @ 8:00 AM
February 17, 2014 @ 8:00 AM
March 22, 2014 @ 9:00 AM
April 14, 2014 @ 8:00 AM
Featuring: ¬†Dr. Tony Campolo,¬†Professor Emeritus
Sample Open House Schedule
- Weekday Open Houses start at 8:00 am.
- Saturday Open Houses start at 9:00 AM.
08:00 AM ¬† ¬†Registration - Check in and enjoy refreshments
08:15 AM ¬† ¬†Welcome to Eastern from the Admissions Team
09:00 AM ¬† ¬†Campus Tours
10:15 AM ¬† ¬†Greetings from an Eastern Dignitary
11:00 AM ¬† ¬†Financial Aid and Scholarship Break-Out Session
12:00 PM ¬† ¬†Lunch in Dining Commons
01:00 PM ¬† ¬†Majors and Student Activities Break-Out Session
Schedule is subject to change.
Participate in informative OPEN HOUSES at Eastern University.¬†Learn more.
Explore Eastern Weekend
Who Should Come:¬† Any APPLIED prospective senior (of high school age) or transfer student.
Arrive: ¬†TBD for 2015 @ 4:00 PM
Depart:¬† TBD for 2015 @ 12:00 PM ¬†
What: Explore Eastern Weekend is open to all APPLIED prospective senior (of high school age) or transfer students.¬† Prospective students will get the opportunity to spend the weekend on campus with current Eastern students. In addition, the admissions office is excited to offer varied activities to provide prospective students with a taste of the Eastern community. Activities include:
- Meeting representatives from different majors
- Worship with Eastern Alums
- Chances to win free books for one semester
- FREE Eastern Hoodies
- Campus-wide events sponsored by student clubs
An overnight experience over a specific weekend. Learn more.
Eastern University offers Saturday visit options on most Saturdays during our spring semester. Visit sessions will begin at 10:30 am and 12:00 pm on each Spring Semester Saturday visit day, and will be available by reservation only. All visits will include a group information session led by an Eastern Admissions Counselor, a campus tour and lunch. ¬†Saturday visits will be offered on the following dates:
2014 Spring Semester Saturday Dates
- Feb. 8
- Feb. 22
- Mar. 1*
- Mar. 8*
- Mar. 15
- Mar. 29
- Apr. 5
- Apr. 26
* Eastern Students will be away for Spring Break and lunch will not be provided on the (*) dates.
During each Spring semester, you can visit on select Saturdays.¬† Learn more.
Details for Overnight and National Speaker
Stay overnight at Eastern University and then listen to national speaker and distinguished alum, Bryan Stevenson '81
- Check in:¬†Thursday March 13, 2014 @ 3:00 PM
- Check out:¬†Friday March 14, 2014 @ 11:00 AM
Overview meeting with admissions team, campus tour, dinner, and time with overnight hosts
Breakfast and¬†Eastern University‚Äôs lecture series, ‚ÄúWindows on the World‚ÄĚ featuring Bryan Stevenson '81
Quick Bio On Bryan Stevenson '81
Bryan Stevenson,founder and Executive Director of the Equal Justice Initiative, a¬†private, non-profit organization headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama,¬†¬†professor at New York¬†University School of Law, and EU Alum, ‚Äô81.¬†‚ÄúJust Mercy‚ÄĚ. ¬†
Bryan's Topic of Discussion at Window's on the World
Bryan‚Äôs presentation will include an¬†examination of mass incarceration, excessive punishment, violence, identity and what it means to¬†pursue justice where poverty, race, disability and complex dynamics create barriers to faithful service¬†and just outcomes. Join us in a reflection on the absence of mercy in contemporary America and what¬†the absence of justice and mercy means for all of us.
**Limited spots available** ¬†Reservations must be made by¬†Monday, March 10th, 2014
Stay Overnight and hear from national speaker, Bryan Stevenson '81.¬† Learn more.
Eastern University's Office of Multicultural Recruitment and Mentoring Presents:¬†¬† "Capi¬†Colorati" is an Overnight and Open House for admitted multicultural students that offers an all-inclusive experience of Eastern University. Admitted students will be able to stay on campus, eat in our dining commons and experience college life at no cost.¬†
Details for Colorful Leaders Weekend
Check in: ¬†Friday March¬†21, 2014 @ 4 PM
Check out: ¬†Saturday¬†March¬†22, 2014 @ 2 PM
Friday Activities: Hang out with Multicultural Campus Leaders from various Multicultural Campus Groups
Saturday Activities: Hang out at the Open House and "Explore Eastern"
If you are interested in Student Leadership and Activities for Multicultural Students this overnight is for you! Don't miss out on this awesome College Experience! Questions? ¬†Contact¬†Frann Mawusi-¬†firstname.lastname@example.org¬†or call¬†610.341.1716.
An Overnight and Open House for admitted multicultural students.¬† Learn more.
Approval for Setting up a Group Visitation to Eastern
Generally speaking, group visits (consisting of 9th to 12th graders) arriving Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between the hours of 1pm and 3pm have been approved (by Eastern) to visit Eastern in the past. In order to provide the best possible experience, we ask that your group keep an 8:1 student to chaperone ratio.
Next Step in Setting up Your Group Visit
Admissions counselors are divided by territory to best serve students and groups. Contact the admission counselor who is most appropriate for your geographical area and the student status (first-year, transfers, etc) of your group.¬† All groups that wish to visit must get approval two or more weeks prior to the approved visit date. Once the visit has been approved by your admissions counselor and scheduled, your counselor will confirm the details.
Expectations during a Group Visit
A group visit consists of 30 or fewer students with an 8:1 student:chaperone ratio. Eastern can provide:
- an 'EU Overview‚Äô with an admissions counselor highlighting the academic offerings, scholarship opportunities, ministries, campus life and admissions requirements.
- an EU Tour led by students from Eastern that lasts for approximately 1 hour. (We cannot offer any overnight accommodations to groups.)
- We cannot guarantee that each group will see a dorm room during the tour, but do recommend that individuals from the group to come back for an individual visit to see a room.
NOTE: Unruly or disrespectful behavior will result in future groups from that organization not being able to return.
If your group visit is approved during lunch hours, you are welcome to dine in our dining commons at the door price payable by the group at entry of dining commons.It is our goal to provide all group visitors with an informative and productive day.
Do you want to bring a GROUP of prospective students to visit Eastern?¬† Learn more.