Adjunct Instructors (Urban Studies)
Eastern University, a Christian university of the arts and sciences, is located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania. The Urban Studies Department for the Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CCGPS) invites applications for adjunct instructors in its graduate program for the following area:
• Arts in Community & Economic Development
• Updates and approves the syllabus
• Insures academic standards are met in the classroom
• Insures Eastern's values and Christian mission are honored and incorporated in courses
• Grades using the grading rubrics outlined in the course
• Submits final grades to the Registrar on time
• Teaches classes with clear learning outcomes
• Willing to teach online (training required)
• Attends at least one Urban Studies teachers’ training; additional training may be required if teaching online for the first time
• Attends Eastern University faculty meetings if desired
• Attends Urban Studies faculty meetings (at least one meeting during the semester in which one teaches; attending virtually can be arranged for those living at a distance)
Classes are delivered in blended format (online and on ground in Philadelphia).
Minimum M.A. in related discipline; PhD preferred. Minimum 3 years teaching experience in higher education. Minimum 3 years as a successful practitioner in a related field of work.
Review of applications will be open until positions are filled. Please send cover letter to include a brief statement of your faith, current curriculum vitae, and three current professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those invited to continue in the selection process will receive requests for additional information.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.