Business Specialist (Esperanza College)
Esperanza College of Eastern University seeks a Business Specialist who will provide overall guidance and planning for the Business Program, including curriculum development, program quality assessment, general student advisement and services, community outreach and a part time teaching role for the Business Program.
Esperanza College is a partnership between Esperanza and Eastern University. The college is located in a primarily Latino community in eastern North Philadelphia, just south of US Route 1, the Roosevelt Boulevard. Esperanza College offers a two-year liberal arts education culminating in an Associate in Arts degree with concentrations in Community and Human Services, Accounting, Middle Level Education with a Math or Science concentration, Early Childhood Education, Criminal Justice, and Medical Assisting.
Esperanza College offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program. Our campus is located at: 4261 North 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19140. Interested candidates should email a resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate Business Specialist in the subject line.
For more information, check us out on the web at: esperanza.eastern.edu
1. Provides overall guidance and management of the Business Program.
2. Provides quality assessment and recommends specific improvements in the Business Program in accordance with a well-designed strategic plan that complies with the standards of the Middle States of Higher Education.
3. Recommends changes in the curriculum to the dean.
4. Provides coordination between similar programs and pathway programs within Eastern University.
5. Assists the dean in identifying candidates and hiring faculty for the Business Program.
6. Conducts outreach to other institutions, including the corporate community and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to create partnerships that can provide mentoring, field experience, and career pathways for Esperanza students or opportunities for the college to expand the Business Program.
7. Serves as academic adviser to students in the Business Program.
8. Assists the college registrar with clearance for graduation of students in the Business program.
9. Initiates and follows up on activities related to retention of students. Coordinates retention activities with other members of the Esperanza College staff.
10. Teaches several courses per academic semester.
11. Supervises and provides guidance to other instructors (primarily adjunct) of the Business courses.
12. Serves as a liaison with faculty, academic institutions, employers and the surrounding community towards the establishment of collaborative relationships particularly with regard to the Business Program.
• A personal understanding of, and ability to operate in concert with, the Mission and Doctrinal statements of the University are required.
• Familiarity with the educational needs and cultural dynamics of multicultural students, especially Latinos/as.
• Ability to provide culturally sensitive and spiritually centered guidance to diverse student body.
• Keen attention to detail, effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, the ability to take initiative and strong customer service skills are essential.
• Substantial experience in the field of business, including student academic planning is preferred.
• Master’s degree is required in the field of business.
• Enthusiasm and a desire to work with a team of colleagues are essential.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, Access, Power Point, Internet and e mail) is required.
• Must be bilingual (fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish).
• Must be willing to work at the Esperanza College campus in Philadelphia.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.