Director, Accounting (Esperanza)
Esperanza College of Eastern University seeks a Director of the Accounting concentration who will provide overall guidance and planning for the Accounting program, including curriculum development, program quality assessment, general student services, community outreach and a part-time teaching role for the Accounting program.
Esperanza College is a partnership between Esperanza and Eastern University. The college is located in a primarily Latino community in eastern North Philadelphia, just south of US Route 1, the Roosevelt Boulevard. Esperanza College offers a two-year liberal arts education culminating in an Associate in Arts degree with concentrations in Community and Human Services, Accounting, Middle Level Education with a Math or Science concentration, Early Childhood Education, Criminal Justice, and Medical Assisting.
Esperanza College offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program. Our campus is located at: 4261 North 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19140.
Interested candidates should email a resume along with salary requirements to: email@example.com and please indicate Director, Accounting in the subject line.
For more information, check us out on the web at: esperanza.eastern.edu
1. Provides overall guidance and management of the Accounting Program.
2. Provides quality assessment and recommends specific improvements in the Accounting program.
3. Responsible for developing, pilot-testing new courses, evaluating courses and structure of the accounting program.
4. Responsible for coordinating with the Accounting faculty at Eastern University to assure curriculum alignment.
5. Teaches two courses per semester.
6. Advises students regarding course scheduling and programs of study, including incoming students, current students, and previously enrolled students.
7. Assists Esperanza College Registrar with clearance for graduation of students in the Accounting program.
8. Initiates and follows up on activities related to retention of students. Coordinates retention activities with other members of the Esperanza College staff.
9. Supervises and provides guidance to other instructors (primarily adjunct) of the Accounting courses.
10. Serves as a liaison with faculty, academic institutions, employers and the surrounding community towards the establishment of collaborative relationships, particularly with regard to the Accounting Program.
• A personal understanding of, and ability to operate in concert with, the Mission and Doctrinal statements of the University are required.
• Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the college level.
• Ability to provide culturally sensitive and spiritually centered guidance to a diverse student body.
• Keen attention to detail, effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, the ability to take initiative and strong customer service skills are essential.
• Substantial experience in the field of human services, social work, and/or community development, including student academic planning is preferred.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study is required
• Enthusiasm and a desire to work with a team of colleagues are essential.
• Educational Technology, Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, Access. PowerPoint, Internet and email) is required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability and bicultural skills preferred.
• Must be willing to work at the Esperanza College campus in Philadelphia.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.