Director, Community & Human Services (Esperanza College)
Esperanza College of Eastern University seeks a Director of the Community and Human Services concentration who will provide overall guidance and planning for the Community and Human Services program, including curriculum development, program quality assessment, general student services, community outreach and a part-time teaching role for Community and Human Services programs.
Esperanza College is a partnership between Esperanza and Eastern University. The college is located in a primarily Latino community in eastern North Philadelphia, just south of US Route 1, the Roosevelt Boulevard. Esperanza College offers a two-year liberal arts education culminating in an Associate in Arts degree with concentrations in Community and Human Services, Accounting, Middle Level Education with a Math or Science concentration, Early Childhood Education, Criminal Justice, and Medical Assisting.
Esperanza College offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program. Our campus is located at: 4261 North 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19140. Interested candidates should email a resume along with salary requirements to: email@example.com and please indicate Director, Community & Human Services in the subject line.
For more information, check us out on the web at: esperanza.eastern.edu
1. Provides overall guidance and management of the Community and Human Services Program.
2. Provides quality assessment and recommends specific improvements in the Community and Human Services program.
3. Teaches two courses per semester.
4. Recommends changes in curriculum to the Dean.
5. Provides coordination between the Community and Human Services program of Esperanza College and the corresponding programs of other Eastern University institutions (Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies, Arts and Sciences).
6. Identifies candidates and assists dean in hiring faculty for the Community and Human Services Program.
7. Conducts outreach to other institutions, including social service agencies and community organizations, to support recruitment of Community and Human Services faculty and students.
8. Advises students regarding course scheduling and programs of study, including incoming students, current students, and previously enrolled students.
9. Assists Esperanza College Registrar with clearance for graduation of students in the Community and Human Services program.
10. Initiates and follows up on activities related to retention of students. Coordinates retention activities with other members of the Esperanza College staff.
11. Supervises and provides guidance to other instructors (primarily adjunct) of Community and Human Services courses.
12. Serves as a liaison with faculty, academic institutions, employers and the surrounding community towards the establishment of collaborative relationships, particularly with regard to the Community and Human Services Program.
• A personal understanding of, and ability to operate in concert with, the Mission and Doctrinal statements of the University are required.
• Familiarity with the educational needs and cultural dynamics of multicultural students, especially Latinos.
• Ability to provide culturally sensitive and spiritually centered guidance to a diverse student body.
• Keen attention to detail, effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, the ability to take initiative and strong customer service skills are essential.
• Substantial experience in the field of human services, social work, and/or community development, including student academic planning is preferred.
• Master’s degree is required, preferably in one of the fields of Social Work, Sociology or Community/Economic Development.
• Operational experience in Community and Human Services (social work, community development) is desired.
• Enthusiasm and a desire to work with a team of colleagues are essential.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, Access. PowerPoint, Internet and email) is required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability and bicultural skills required.
• Must be willing to work at the Esperanza College campus in Philadelphia.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.