Enrollment Assistant A
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as the Enrollment Assistant. The Enrollment Assistant, reporting to the Assistant Director of Admissions, serves as the application file manager of all applicants in CCGPS programs. Key responsibilities are the processing and inputting of all applications to Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CCGPS) programs and the requesting of transcripts on behalf of the applicant.
Status: Full-time, staff, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Processes, enters, manages, and inputs all CCGPS applications into the University database, Jenzabar. Responsible for a daily goal of 100% completion or a minimum of 15 new applications.
2. Assists with processing, entering, managing, and inputing and corresponding materials for the CCGPS programs by scanning and indexing documents for electronic imaging through use of forms and college wide administrative computer systems (Jenzabar/Nolij).
3. Monitor GPSAPP email account for incoming applications.
4. Receives transcript request forms from incoming applicants and processes transcript requests on behalf of the applicant.
5. Assists with monitoring files for complete status and moves them across other workflow statuses.
6. Assists in communicating with Enrollment team representatives regarding admission processes, forms needed and missing applicant credentials to facilitate student enrollment.
7. Attends regularly scheduled team meetings to collaborate and exchange workflow ideas and/or questions.
8. Communicates with various support offices (ie. Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student Services, Registrar, Administrative Computing, etc.) about CCGPS applicants, student data, and class starts.
9. Assists with needed office coverage into the evening hours and/or at front desk when requested. Attends scheduled functions such as Open Houses, Info Sessions, etc. on behalf of CCGPS when needed.
10. Assists with other related duties as assigned by CCGPS Director of Admissions and Assistant Director of Admissions.
11. Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation. Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
Bachelor’s degree required. Positive attitude toward adult and graduate education is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving abilities, effective relational skills, and a customer service orientation are essential. Proven administrative skills are required, including attention to detail, the ability to establish priorities and attain goals, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and excellent grammar and word-processing skills. Experience with file management and experience in administrative computing skills is preferred. Familiarity with adult education and computer literacy (Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) preferred. Detail oriented data entry skills are required. Knowledge of higher education, recruitment and admissions practices is preferred. Ability to work independently with minimal immediate supervision is required. It is essential that the incumbent exhibits an understanding of and support for, the University’s evangelical Christian mission.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.