Faculty/Director of the B.A. in Organizational Leadership
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as the Faculty/Director of the B.A. in Organizational Leadership (OL) Program-Tenure Track. As a member of the SMS core faculty team, The Faculty/Director of the B.A. in OL program for the Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CCGPS) School of Management Studies (SMS) of Eastern University works with the SMS core faculty team and affiliate faculty practitioners in developing a competitive, faith-informed Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Leadership curriculum targeting adult professionals. Toward this end, the faculty director will provide leadership in the selection, hiring, and development of adjunct faculty practitioners for the continuous improvement of the teaching and learning experience. Additionally, the successful candidate will work closely with the CCGPS administrative team to provide input on marketing and recruitment of students.
Status: Faculty, full-time, tenure track. Rank for tenure track faculty will be based on the appointee's education and professional experience as well as the needs of the University.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter to include a brief statement of their faith, curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of graduate transcripts, and three professional letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions remain open until filled.
1. Oversees the development of the program's curriculum.
2. Teaches courses as part of assigned load.
3. Pursues a scholarly agenda of inquiry, presentation, and publication.
4. Assists in developing a comprehensive marketing strategy for the program.
5. Helps to ensure that faculty and students receive exceptional quality service in delivery of program.
6. Assists in the selection process of core and adjunct faculty practitioners.
7. Provides input into faculty development issues.
8. Attends SMS faculty meetings.
9. Attends Commencement ceremonies at the college and attends other college functions as appropriate.
10. Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
11. Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
Ph.D. or equivalent degree in leadership or related discipline; extensive teaching experience (preferably teaching adult students); demonstrated potential to contribute significantly to the development of faith-informed curricula in the leadership and organization disciplines; established record of scholarship; proven ability to collaborate with internal and external constituents; computer literacy (particularly in MS Office); excellent administrative skills and experience with office management; and proven ability to communicate, both in written and oral form, to a broad constituency.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.