Reception Coordinator/ Aid Specialist
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as the Reception Coordinator/Aid Specialist. The Reception Coordinator/Aid Specialist, reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, is the primary point of contact with the Financial Aid Office for all students whether in person, via telephone, or by mail. The Reception Coordinator/Aid Specialist is responsible for answering telephones, greeting student/families, directing calls or students to appropriate parties for assistance if necessary, explain and apply Federal, State and University policy, troubleshoot problems with the student applications and the aid process. Distributes published material to students upon request, opens and distributes incoming mail to the appropriate parties. Distributes voicemail to appropriate office staff. As time permits, provides administrative and clerical support for Financial Aid Staff.
Status: Full-time, staff, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions remain open until filled.
1. Advises students and families regarding financial aid questions and concerns, application questions, document processing and corrections.
2. Manages telephone and answering system, answering incoming calls, transferring calls to appropriate staff within departments as well as other University offices as warranted. Stays current with the voicemail, distributing same to appropriate staff members for handling.
3. Answers basic questions of students/families about Federal, State and University policies and procedure or refers same to appropriate staff for more detailed explanation or assistance. Distributes hand out materials to students and families.
4. Meets and counsels students/families on issues relative to financial aid sources, outside scholarships and alternative financing options.
5. Responds to students’ questions and concerns in a timely manner.
6. Collects, sorts and distributes mail twice daily.
7. Assists with outgoing mail projects and other projects as time permits.
8. Handles specific inquiries of students/families as to the status of the Financial Aid.
9. Provides administrative support to staff of the Financial Aid Office as directed by the Director of Financial Aid.
10. Assists in all areas of traditional and nontraditional undergraduate/graduate student financial aid issues.
11. Stays current on all federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations, policies and procedures governing the financial aid process, including the Family Education Loan Program (FELP), PLUS and alternative Loans.
One to two years experience in a Financial Aid Office with a working knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures is required for this position. Attention to detail, with an eye toward problem solving, an ability to work as a team player while able to work without supervision, and sensitivity to matters of confidentially are required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, as is an ability to relate well with current and prospective students, parents, and college personnel. The preferred candidate should be proficient in Word, Excel, CARS, Federal and State software and the Internet. It is essential that the incumbent exhibits an understanding of, and support for, the University’s evangelical Christian mission.
The person in this position must be available, when required, to attend training and workshops off-site.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.