Security Officer (Part-time)
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as the Part-time Security Officer. A Security Officer patrols the campus to discourage criminal behavior, provides shuttle transportation, secures buildings, and interacts with all members of the Community to promote a sense of well-being and security, and enhance the quality of life on the Eastern University campus. Hours of assignment various to include nights & weekends.
Status: Part-time, staff, 16 hours per week, 12 months per year. The part time officer will be scheduled primarily nights and weekends.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should not contact the hiring manager directly.
All positions remain open until filled.
1. Protection of life and property, and interdiction of criminal activity through, high visibility, vehicular and foot patrol on the campus and maintains log of all patrol activities.
2. Uses Radio/telephone to answer all calls.
3. Provides Shuttle transportation to Rail Stations, West Campus and Village Apartments and maintains log of passengers.
4. Regulates campus vehicular and pedestrian traffic to enhance safety and expedite flow. Enforces University parking regulations.
5. Responds to emergency situations, including alarms, medical emergencies, and crimes in progress and summons municipal Police, Fire, and EMS assistance when required.
6. Identifies, reports, and resolves conditions and circumstances that are hazardous to people and property. Inspects buildings and properties for proper maintenance and working order.
7. Interacts with the community and visitors, acting as a goodwill ambassador and rendering assistance where needed.
8. Administers First Aid and CPR when necessary.
9. Investigates crimes, accidents, and other noteworthy incidents, summoning the assistance of municipal services when indicated, and prepares and submits concise and comprehensive reports in accordance with procedures.
10. Secures and unlocks campus buildings in accordance with schedules and procedures.
11. Provides vehicular and pedestrian safety escorts for members of the Community and visitors.
12. Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
13. Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
In addition to being a servant leader committed to the Christian faith and the mission of Eastern University. The Security Officer must possess a High School diploma or GED and good work history required. The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license; have a clean driving record and at least one year driving experience. Must be able to drive safely at night and in poor weather. Proven computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word, Excel), excellent written and verbal communications skills, are required. Must be capable of passing a physical and/or psychological examination and background investigation including criminal records check. Ability to follow instructions and get along with others. Bike patrol ability a plus. The physical demands of this position must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Heavy lifting a must (not in excess of 75 pounds). Ability to sit or stand for prolonged period of time, must also be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, kneel, lift and carry, push and pull up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Ability to talk, hear and walk without assistance. Ability to report to work for assigned shift and perform required duties for a minimum of eight (8) hours per day. It is essential that the incumbent exhibits and understanding of, and support for, the University’s evangelical Christian mission.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.