Student Services Coordinator (Part-time)
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as the Part-time Student Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Student Services, with a dotted-line report to the Seminary Chief Operating Officer, the Student Services Coordinator provides student-centered services to both students and faculty on nights of instruction at Palmer Seminary. This position represents the Seminary and interfaces with students on a regular basis, providing a knowledgeable, warm, service-oriented presence at Palmer Seminary.
The Student Services Coordinator provides basic technological support, ensuring that students and faculty are ready for instruction time; troubleshooting any technological issues and following up with issues is of high priority. This position may be responsible for making shuttle runs as needed to available public transportation stops at the conclusion of evening classes. This person acts as a key part of a cross-functional team in the Student Services department in order to meet the needs of incoming and current Palmer and CCGPS students, faculty, and staff at various locations.
Status: Part-time, staff, 18-22 evening hours per week, 40 weeks per year.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applicants should not contact the hiring manager directly.
All positions remain open until filled.
1. Acts as liaison within and between the Seminary office and other Eastern venues, including St. Davids, for needs such as plant operations, security, central services, Academic and Administrative Computing.
2. Handles computer issues such as login/password needs, Blackboard, and myEastern assistance.
3. Assists faculty as needed with getting prepared technologically prior to classes when needed; includes ensuring connection to the network and internet, the digital video projectors work properly, and any general troubleshooting needed.
4. Provides assistance to students, faculty, and visitors in directing them to correct locations of the Seminary.
5. Addresses student inquiries as they arise, working with the Assistant Director of Student Services regarding any follow-up issues.
6. Manages loaner laptops for use by faculty; including ensuring computers are signed out and returned daily.
7. Documents any student inquiries, needs and requests that cannot be answered by Student Services and provides to proper department, either by email or handwritten note.
8. In coordination with the Assistant Registrar for Scheduling, notifies students and other interested parties of class locations, cancellations, and delays.
9. Assists with Student Services & Palmer Seminary events, including Q&A sessions and commencement ceremonies.
10. Exercises excellent independent judgment and discretion as primary administrative staff person on site during evening hours.
11. Forwards all faculty issues through the respective academic departments.
12. Monitors office and classroom space in order to maintain safety and security, contacting appropriate authorities as necessary and reporting safety/security concerns in writing to the appropriate people for the Palmer location.
13. Replenishes paper in computer lab and reports technological issues to Academic Computing.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Student Services.
15. Assists in the overall operation of Student Services.
16. Is available for occasional day time and weekend events.
17. Embodies the values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, and competence and affirmation.
18. Seeks to treat each member of the University community with fairness, dignity, and respect, seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
Alignment with and commitment to the mission and vision of Eastern University and Palmer Theological Seminary, demonstrated in part by a compassionate spirit towards others. Ability to collaborate effectively with others, flexibility, adaptability, self-motivation, and to accomplish a variety of tasks and multiple projects with minimal supervision. Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven administrative skills including attention to detail and computer literacy with Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher) working understanding of classroom instructional technology equipment. Exhibits an understanding of, and support for, the University’s evangelical Christian mission. Bachelors degree preferred. Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving history.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.