Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences and professional studies, is located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania. The¬†Doctor of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy Program¬†invites applications for a¬†full-time, tenure track faculty member. ¬†The faculty member¬†is responsible for instruction, scholarship, dissertation/thesis supervision, academic advising, service, and administrative duties as assigned by the DA Director. This position involves a full engagement in the collaborative development of the DA program and is an eleven month position.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter to include a brief statement of their faith, curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of graduate transcripts, and three professional letters of recommendation/reference to¬†firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions remain open until filled.
Teach doctoral level courses in Marriage and Family therapy informed by attachment and systems theory and general courses in psychological research methodologies in a blended format (face-to-face and online). Integrate the discipline of counseling psychology with issues of faith, reason, and justice consistent with the mission and values of Eastern University. Accommodate the program‚Äôs year-round, face-to-face and online instructional schedule. This is an eleven month position.¬†
Regularly publish and present research in the discipline of Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling Psychology in the faculty‚Äôs specialization within the professional community.¬†
Collaborate with other faculty in research endeavors. Engage and support students in their research and publication endeavors. Provide service to the profession as opportunities arise.
Chair and/or serve dissertation/thesis committees for approximately a quarter of the load year around. Continuously improve dissertation supervision and research skills by participating in professional development opportunities. Support all DA students in their research work.
Advise doctoral students as assigned by the DA Director academically and professionally throughout their program of study. Respond to the needs of prospective and enrolled students of the DA program and continue collegial relationships with graduates.
Provide service to the department, university, and larger community. ¬†Assist with and participate in DA program activities (e.g., comprehensive examinations, program development and assessment, curriculum revision, field placement supervision, residencies, commencements, faculty meetings, workshop, and retreats, etc.). ¬†Participate in university committees, assignments, and functions as required of a full-faculty. ¬†Serve the larger community as opportunities arise.¬†
1. ¬† ¬†An earned doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology or a closely related field. ¬†(preferred: experience in teaching research methodologies within the discipline).
2. ¬† ¬†Ability to supervise dissertations/thesis projects (preferred: doctoral dissertation supervision experience).
3. ¬† ¬†Record of effectiveness in teaching and/or curriculum development at the post-secondary level (preferred: effective online instruction with the adult population)
4. ¬† ¬†Record of publication and active research agenda compatible with the DA program.
5. ¬† ¬†Ability to write and implement research grant proposals (preferred: success in securing research grants)
6. ¬† ¬†Embody values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.¬†
7. ¬† ¬†Commitment to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
8. ¬† ¬†Theological alignment with the doctrinal statement of the University; sincere and enthusiastic affirmation of the University‚Äôs mission, vision and core values; and a commitment to integrating Christian faith into teaching and professional work.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Effective interpersonal skills with openness to collaboration
2. Effective administrative/organizational skills
3. Knowledge of the program
4. Knowledge of the field
5. Ability to self-organize
6. Ability to problem-solve
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.