Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Eastern University, located in St. Davids, PA, invites applications for the position of University Registrar. Reporting to the Provost, the University Registrar works in concert with academic and administrative colleagues and provides leadership to plan, organize and manage all of the activities related to student records and registration. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards.
Status: Full-time, senior administration, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions remain open until filled.
1. Oversees the hiring, supervision and evaluation of the Office of the Registrar staff.
2. Organizes and administers the records, registration and graduation functions, including transcript evaluations, to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
3. Supervises the certification of students’ graduation eligibility and conferral of degrees.
4. Oversees the collection, recording, maintenance and reporting of student records within FERPA guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, athletic eligibility and associated audits.
5. Provides leadership and develops appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through the Office of the Registrar.
6. Develops and administers the departmental budget.
7. Researches, analyzes, and resolves student disputes as they relate to records and registration.
8. Collaborates with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration/records policy questions.
9. Promotes standards for the accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of data in university record systems.
10. Assigns the use of classrooms and instructional space for teaching and learning activities.
11. Develops semester class schedules in partnership with faculty department chairs and academic administrators.
12. Constructs annual academic calendars for ratification by the faculty.
13. Finalizes content in academic catalogs and verifies academic program content in other university publications.
14. Adjudicates grade change and incomplete grade requests from faculty and students.
15. Creates and maintains degree audits for program/core/major/certification used in online advising.
16. Oversees policies and practices for the transfer of credit from other institutions, credit by examination and credit for life-long learning.
17. Coordinates the cross-registration of students with affiliated colleges/universities (Cabrini, Rosemont, Valley Forge Military, and Villanova).
18. Serves on the Educational Policy and Curriculum Committees of the faculty.
19. Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
20. Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
A master’s degree in student services, educational administration, or a related area with at least five years of progressive responsibility in higher education administration is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least three years of direct experience in student records and registration are required. Commitment to the university’s evangelical Christian mission is essential. Word processing and spreadsheet skills, as well as a strong understanding of relational databases, are required. Abilities to think critically, communicate effectively in written and oral form, analyze data, and accurately maintain records and information are essential. Commitment to cross-functional problem solving, a people-oriented environment, positive responses to change, and working successfully with diverse populations is expected.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.