University Web Director
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of University Web Director, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer of Eastern University. The University Web Director is responsible for oversight of all University Web processes including innovative design, and for delivering results based on the analysis of marketing and business needs. The University Web Director will need to have strong front-end web development skills and the ability to translate static mockups into well-designed interactive sites. This team player will be a creative builder, comfortable with various programming languages and with knowledge of web trends, platforms, and related technologies. This process-driven individual will also be an excellent communicator who understands and supports the mission of Eastern and knows how to collaborate internally and externally, while working with various teams. Must treat members of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect with excellent customer service skills, attention to details, and strategic abilities.
Status: Full-time, staff, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Applicants are requested to send the following in one document: a cover letter w/salary range, resume, attachment with links to websites built with a short explanation of work done on the site(s), description of mission fit to Eastern, and three professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should not contact the hiring manager directly.
All positions remain open until filled.
1. Working with the Brand Director and CMO, the University Web Director will oversee all web processes: design, site architecture, developing forms, landing pages, micro sites, et al (this also includes GUI design, motion design, human interaction/site flow and functionality.)
2. Ongoing site maintenance, security, relevance, appropriate and representative photography of University constituency.
3. Develops processes to update the entire University web sections by rotation annually, advises program leaders and recommends removal of dated and obsolete information.
4. Completely analyzes the site in light of brand direction w/CMO and Brand Director and creatively aligns the site to reflect brand initiatives that reveal the best of what Eastern has to offer.
5. Excellent awareness and assessment of news, launches, updates, events, etc. in order to appropriately feature Eastern happenings.
6. Pulse on web platforms, collegiate web strategies, and tools to enhance web capabilities and effectiveness.
7. Creates web strategy, analyzes online marketing needs and trends to deliver a results driven strategy.
8. Defines and manages all aspects of the website with a cohesive strategy that systemically address site weaknesses and develops site strengths: web content, architecture, marketing, SEO strategies, etc.
9. Maintains site functionality and flow that is appropriate and intuitive for various site users, using best design and web practices.
10. Create prototypes, online ads, web concepts and presentations as needed.
11. Leads the University Web Team: meetings, agenda, direction, planning, and scope of team developments.
12. Provides leadership to Web team: direct reports (1 FT Web Manager and interns) and extended web team and program liaisons.
13. Works directly with Chief Marketing Officer toward strategic web marketing and technology goals, including applications and new web ventures.
14. Supports University Web mission, policies, goals, and strategies. Other related duties as required by the Chief Marketing Officer.
15. Supports the mission of Eastern University. Mission alignment with Eastern University is essential and should be the primary factor in applicant’s considering Eastern University.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) and 5 to 7 years’ experience in a Web Designer /Director capacity is required. Must be proficient with current Web trends and up-to-date with user-center design practices. Excellent management skills and proficiency with both Mac and PC platforms necessary.
Should also have strong experience in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Create Suite, XML, Actionscript, Web Design, Mobile-First Web Design, front-end and web development. Should have experience with video, photography, and page layout tools, and be knowledgeable on social networking platforms. Advanced experience with content management systems and frameworks such as Drupal and Wordpress.
Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills are essential. Must have the ability to work within a diverse team and fast-paced environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and see them through to completion.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.