Thank you for your interest in applying to the Master of Arts in School Counseling Program at Eastern University.
Please carefully read the following admissions requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA may submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology.
To be considered for the M.A. in School Counseling Program, an applicant must mail the following materials in Step 1 to:
Counseling Psychology Department
1300 Eagle Road
St. Daivds PA 19087
- A completed application and $35 application fee.Â (Please note that your application fee is waived if you apply on-line.)
- Two Recommendations: One professional recommendation and the other academic. The professional reference must be from a present or past workplace supervisor and the academic from a college professor. the recommendations must be on our forms and you can download the Counseling Recommendation forms here. **If you have been out of school for 7-10+ years, you can submit two professional recommendations.
- Offiicial Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable)Â institution you've attended.
Note: If you are a current senior/undergraduate student in the process of completing your bacholor's degree, we will need an in-progress transcript, as well as confirmation that you will meet degree requirements to graduate May 2012 in the form of a letter from your registrar. This letter can be faxed to 610-341-1585.
Note: Additional official transcripts(s) will be needed reflecting the necessary pre-requisites if completed at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed.
- Acurrent resume. Email to the Counseling Psychology Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A signed Disclosure of Online Learning Expectations (DOLE) Form.
After your application is completed and admission requirements have been met you will be contacted and will need to complete:
- A personal interview with the Graduate Student Advisor.
- A writing sample to be completed on site after the personal interview.
- A review of your program of study.
After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
- * Please note, at least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
- Fall 2013
- Early Admission - February 15, 2013
- Final Deadline - July 15, 2013