St. Davids, PA, June 11, 2013: The Eastern University Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses is available 100% online. Students can take two courses concurrently over a 12-week period. The courses embrace online technology using interactive media content. The Online RN to BSN Program consists of 49 credits. To complete the Baccalaureate Degree, a student must fulfill the core, support, and upper division nursing courses.¬† A minimum of 121 credits is required to complete the degree.
The Online RN to BSN program begins October, 2013.
Why Choose Eastern University‚Äôs Online RN-BSN:
- Fully accredited
- Online format allows for maximum educational flexibility
- Endorsed by the American Holistic Nurse‚Äôs Certification Corporation
- Students can choose where to do the 1 independent clinical practicum
- Nurse manager certificate completed with program
- End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) Certificate embedded into program and earned by end of program by each student.
- Courses are taught by experts in their fields.
- Curriculum has been designed for the adult learner with opportunities for advancement, strengthening leadership and interpersonal skills, acquiring computer literacy, ethical decision-making and communication skills
- Special tuition arrangements with partnership healthcare providers
American Holistic Nurse's Certification Corporation endorses Eastern's professional preparation of holistic nurses. This enables students from the program to sit for the Holistic Nursing Certification exam after graduation.
The curriculum, designed for the adult learner, fosters the development of nursing leadership and management skills, ease with information technology, advanced physical assessment skills, knowledge of health promotion and the care of individuals, families, and communities. Research and evidence-based practice content prepares the graduate for professional nursing practice in a variety of settings as the healthcare system continues to change.
While the students earn their degree, they can complete two nationally recognized certificates. The Nurse Manager Certificate is offered by Sigma Theta Tau, International and completed in Nursing 402: Leadership in Nursing Practice.
All RN to BSN students will graduate with an End-of-Life Trained Certificate of Completion awarded by the¬† End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC).
Through the 16 courses in the RN to BSN Program, RNs increase their opportunities for advancement, strengthen leadership and interpersonal skills, acquire computer literacy, ethical decision making, and communication skills. There is one self-selected 40-hour clinical practicum that allows the RN to choose a site and preceptor to attain their educational and professional goals. Students may choose specialties such as ICU, ER, OR, education, Forensics, and flight nursing.
Eastern University is accredited by both Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036,¬†¬† Phone 202-887-6791.
Contact an Enrollment Counselor:
Harrisburg and Lancaster: