The Writing Center can help you to:
- identify and improve areas of weakness (including punctuation, organization, style, and documentation skills)
- analyze your ideas
- begin, strengthen, develop, condense, or conclude a paper
The Writing Center won't, however:
- write or rewrite your paper
- "correct" or "fix" a paper
- guarantee an improved grade
When you come to the Writing Center, please remember to:
- bring your assignment and any related notes
- come as far in advance as possible
- have a sense of what you'd like to accomplish during your conference
We look forward to seeing you!
Writing Center Hours
We are located in Walton Hall 205.
6PM - 9PM Sunday-Thursday
11AM - 5PM Monday and Wednesday
11AM - 2PM Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
We encourage you to make an appointment, but walk-ins are always welcome.
In addition, we have drop-in hours in Warner Library Edison Room.
6-9PM Monday and Tuesday
What Eastern University students say about the Writing Center
- "No paper should be turned in without the Writing Center seeing it first."
- "Being in the Writing Center allowed me to learn all of the things about writing that I missed in high school. Thanks to the Writing Center, I finally know how to create a college paper. Please go!"
- "Iâ€™ve noticed that it is the smartest people that come to the Writing Center. Do you belong in this category? Yes??? Then, Iâ€™ll see you there!"
- "I have had such a positive experience at the Writing Center as a visitor and as a writing assistant! Itâ€™s a great place where ideas are shared, relationships are developed, and wonderful things are discovered! The WC is an invaluable resource!! Hope to see you there!"
- "People at the Writing Center care about the individual needs of each writer!"
- "Itâ€™s DA BOMB!"