Rev. Dr. Andrew F. Bush, Department Chair
D.Min. Princeton Theological Seminary
Dr. Bushâ€™s interests include research on Islam and Christianity, Arab Christianity, cross-cultural leadership development, campus ministry, globalization of missions.
- Bush, Andrew. â€śBullets and Bibles: Â The Ethical Problem of the Persistent Linkage of Missions and Militarismâ€ť
- Bush, Andrew. Â â€śA Profile of Harvesters Christian Fellowship Tondo: A Contextual Filipino Mission in Inner City Manilaâ€ť
- Bush, Andrew. â€śA Way Forward in Witness to Islamâ€ť
- Bush, Andrew. â€śThe Value of the Kenosis of Christ as a Model for Spirituality and Ministry in Missional Contexts of Violence: A Personal Reflectionâ€ť
- Bush, Andrew. â€śThe Affirmation of Human Identity in the Kenosis of Christ, the Issue of Nationalism, and the Challenge of Reconciliation in Israel/Palestineâ€ť
- Bush, Andrew. â€śThe Implications of Christian Zionism for Missionâ€ť
Dr. Chris Hummer
Ph.D. Anthropology, Temple University
Dr. Hummerâ€™s interests include research on Native American peoples, cultural geography, ethnography, Christian missions, ethnic art, archaeology.
- Hummer, Chris, 2007. "Early Woodland Pottery from the Williamson Site, Hunterdon County, New Jersey." Bulletin of the Archaeological Society of New Jersey, No. 62.
- Hummer, Chris, 2005. "Early Woodland Points from the Williamson Site, Hunterdon County, New Jersey." Bulletin of the Archaeological Society of New Jersey, No. 60.
- Hummer, Chris, 1999. Â "Putting Art in Its Place." Electronic Magazine of Multicultural Education.Â
- Hummer, Chris, 1987. â€śLogging - I Wish You Would: The Family Journal." English Journal. 77:2. February.
- Hummer, Chris, 1984. "Make Friends With A Cardinal." Pennsylvania Wildlife and Outdoor Digest. October.
Dr. Eloise Hiebert Meneses
Ph.D. Anthropology, University of California, San Diego
Dr. Menesesâ€™ interests include research on India, poverty, women, race and ethnicity, faith and science, global economic systems, international development, comparative religions and Christian missions.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2007. Love and Revolutions: Market Women and Social Change in India. Â Lanham, MD: Â University Press of America.
- Meneses, Eloise, 1995.Incarnational Ministry: Planting Churches in Band, Tribal, Peasant, and Urban Societies. Â Second author to Paul G. Hiebert. Â Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2009.The Gospel in Human Contexts. Â By Paul G. Hiebert. Â Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
Chapters in Books:
- Meneses, Eloise, 2006. â€śScience and the Myth of Biological Raceâ€ť in This Side of Heaven: Race,
- Ethnicity, and Christian Faith, edited by Robert J. Priest and Alvaro L. Nieves. Â Oxford University Press.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2006. â€śBearing Witness in Rome with Theology from the Whole Churchâ€ť in Global Theologizing: Belief and Practice in an Era of World Christianity, edited by Craig Ott and Harold A. Netland. Â Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, pp. 231-249.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2004. â€śThe Meaning of Mennoniteâ€ť in The Measure of My Days, edited by Joe Miller and Reuben Miller. Â Telford, PA: Â Cascadia Publishing House, pp. 108-121.
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Meneses, Eloise, 2009. â€śBirds of the Air: the Christian Challenge to Culture in Defending the Marginalized.â€ť Â Missiology, XXXVII (3):369-384.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2007. â€śFaithful Witness: Â Postcritical Epistemology for Christians.â€ť Â Direction, 36(2): 129-143.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2000 . Â â€śDefeating the Baals: Balanced Christian Living in Different Cultural Systems.â€ť Co-authored with John E. Stapleford. Â The Christian Scholarâ€™s Review, XXX(1): 83-106.
- Meneses, Eloise, 2000. â€śNo Other Foundation: Establishing a Christian Anthropology.â€ť Â The Christian Scholarâ€™s Review, XXIX(3): 531-549.
- Meneses, Eloise, 1994. â€śRace and Ethnicity; an Anthropological Perspective.â€ť Â Race, Sex and Class, 1(2):137-146.
- Meneses, Eloise, 1987. â€śTraders and Marginality in a Complex Social System.â€ť Â Ethnology, 26(4): 231-244.