Why Choose the Sociology and Criminal Justice Department at Eastern?
The Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice at Eastern University equips students to understand and address some of the most pertinent issues of our timeāfrom urban dynamics and global interdependence to school achievement, public safety, community development, immigration, and many others.
Our faculty bring into their classes a wealth of experience and a global perspective. Our classes are small, allowing faculty to give personal attention toĀ each student. Our students routinely volunteer at various social justice agencies, and obtain internships in both secular and religious organizations throughout Greater Philadelphia. Our seniors consistently score in the 95th percentile of the national field exam. Upon graduation, they go on to pursue meaningful careers and graduate study.
Our Graduates are Currently Pursuing degrees at the following universities:
- MDiv Candidate, Princeton Theological Seminary
- MA Candidate, University of Pennsylvania
- MA Candidate, Kingston University, London
- MA Candidate, Chicago Theological Seminary
- MA Candidate, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- MA Candidate, Princeton Theological Seminary
- MSW, Bryn Mawr College
- MA, Peace and Conflict Resolution, American University
- MA, International Development: Urban Development, Eastern University
- MBA, Organizational and Environmental Sustainability, Antioch University of New England
- RN, Villanova University
- MDiv, Princeton Theological Seminary
What The Sociology and Criminal Justice Department Offers
Sociology and Criminal Justice Department Mission Statement
The Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice seeks to equip students with critical thinking and analytical skills that enable them to understand human behavior as shaped by social forces, structures and processes in order to effectively engage those realities through the integration of faith and sociological knowledge in the pursuit of justice.