Mission and Goals
The Institutional Renewal Committee, with a membership representing functions and constituents across the institution, serves as the advisory council to the President and Leadership Team in assessing effectiveness across the institutionâ€™s academic and administrative units.
The Charge of the IRC Committee is to:
- Promote a culture of assessment across the institution;
- Develop and promote best practices in assessment to support continuous institutional renewal;
- Promote consistent improvement of academic and administrative processes through assessment;
- Analyze the institutionâ€™s key performance indicators, information and assessment data regarding overall institutional performance and progress toward the institutionâ€™s mission and goals;
- Recommend and evaluate comparative studies with benchmark and other higher education institutions and cohorts;
- Document the institutionâ€™s effectiveness in achieving its mission and goals by producing an Annual Report on Institutional Assessment that provides feedback on the results of implemented institutional assessments and includes recommendations for renewal;
- Conduct an annual review of the Institutional Plan for Assessment and Renewal and use of assessments;
- Function as the central repository for assessment related information as well as the distribution point for university-level assessment results;
- Advise the Leadership Team on matters related to assessment and evaluation;
- Advise the Leadership Team for the sake of affecting the Strategic Plan and budgeting.
Meetings for this committee are held on a monthly basis during the academic year.