What to do when for Financial Aid
Apply to Eastern University
- Make sure that you have completed all the steps in the admissions process.
Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for a FSA ID (student and parent) at www.FSAID.ed.gov. This FSA ID will serve as your electronic signature. Parent of a dependent student must also apply for a FSA ID.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The PA State Grant Deadline for filing the FAFSA is May 1.
- Eastern University’s school code is 003259.
Apply for Outside Scholarships
Check your status
- To check your admissions status, please contact the Admissions Office.
- Watch your email/mail for your Student Aid Report (SAR) which is the report generated from the submission of your FAFSA.
- Check your SAR to make sure all your information is correct.
Review your Award Letter
- Once you have received your acceptance letter from Admissions, your Initial Award Letter will soon follow.
- Review letter with parents if applicable. Your financial aid information and awards can be viewed on Eastern’s portal- my.eastern.edu.
Complete your Stafford Loan paperwork
- Complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at www.StudentLoans.gov (Subsidized/Unsubsidized link). Remember, you must sign your application using your own Federal PIN number- this is the same PIN number you used to sign your FAFSA.
- Keep copies of everything in a safe place for each school year, especially confirmation pages, PIN numbers, usernames and passwords, and award letters.
- Take an active role in your education- this is YOUR financial aid. Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
- Complete all requests for additional information in a timely manner. Remember, requests will be sent out to your Eastern email account.
- Use our website to find additional information on loans, scholarships, grants, and student employment programs.
Back to Top